chapter 16

Hangers of a venator over Ryloth

Squads of clone pilots can be seen running towards their fighters and bombers as they prepare to defend the planet from the Terran attackers. One particular group of clones were aces under the command of windu's fleet and had numerous battles stacking multiple destroyed fighters and bombers over their time in the war against the separatist. They were called ghost squadron.

Now with the a Terran fleet starting their attack on them, they were all about to takeoff the hangers towards the Terran fleet and defend their hold over the planet.

After many battles that the republic had lost against the terrans, many clones started to call the Terran navy unbeatable. Most of the pilots that have faced against their biggest known ship the infinity now has a nickname amongst the clones who have faced them, specifically the pilots in the 212th battalion from their humiliating defeat near Christophsis.

They nicknamed the ship "the invulnerable" since a weakness on the ship still hasn't been found mostly because the shielding around the ship was too strong for them to break.

The group of aces exiting the hangers had no idea what to expect, but the few stories about the terrans that was passed around after a few battles with them.

"All wings report in" the lead clone in the squadron says over the comms.

"Ghost 12 standing by."

"Ghost 7 standing by."

"Ghost 3 standing by."

"Ghost 9 standing by."

This goes on until eleven pilots reported in making a total of twelve in the squadron counting the leader as well making up their force as they all formed up heading towards the Terran ships as they also released their fighters and bombers towards them.

"Once we enter battle split into your assigned groups and do not stray afar from your wingman's or your as good as dead." The flight leader says since some clones in their group had a tendency to stray by themselves when an easy kill is available.

"We still don't have much knowledge of the terrans capabilities firsthand, so treat this battle warily before going full throttle into them." The flight leader says.

"Whoever takes down the most enemies I'll buy you you a drink after." Ghost 6 says as those listening can't help but smile.

"Ha your on. I could almost taste it." Ghost 8 says thinking of that sweet drink he'll get if he gets the most downed fighters.

"You said that last time and you lost." Ghost 11 says.

"I have a good feeling about this one guys. Trust me." Ghost 8 says focusing as formations of squadrons are seen everywhere around them

Seconds later the two forces clash together igniting the empty space with blasters, missiles, and bullets. After the first contact with the enemy they break up into four groups each consisting of three fighters. As they split into different directions some of them tail behind some of the Terran fighters going in for the kill.

Almost immediately the clone pilots could tell that the terrans were a step ahead in experience as they commit maneuvers after maneuvers that would have pushed their fighters to the limit.

"These guys don't play around." Ghost 3 says trying to shoot down a Terran fighter as the pilot does everything it could to shake the clone off him.

"Keep him in your sights. Me and ghost 2 will help you out." The squad leader says.

A few moments later two fighters appear behind the Terran fighter before firing numerous blaster fire at the craft. With nowhere to go the Terran craft gets hit by multiple of these shots before exploding as the three clone fighters speed past it looking for any other enemies in their vicinity.