XIV

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: 000

THIRD PERSON POV

"Yuuri noona, is there any progress on that suspicious mail?" Yeonjun asked as he approached his mentor.

"To be honest, I did make some progress. But, the mail can't be traced. I contacted the best legal hackers in the country, but this person who sent this mail must be someone who knows Bae Soujin, and is after her, considering that they are unknown," Yuuri replied.

"That's scary. Soujin... and a person who sent that email must be someone dangerous. I don't want Soujin to be in despair," Yeonjun said softly.

"I don't want this to happen to her too, you know," Yuuri said as she sipped her coffee.

"I see myself in her. A potential to bloom into an amazing attorney, but the difference is that she is her own person, and I am my own. And I want to protect her from the bad things I went through when I was a rookie," Yuuri smiled and Yeonjun sighed.

"It's rare for you to be happy about a rookie attorney. I shouldn't let you worry about that sender any longer. You'll get old and you'll never find a husband at this point," Yeonjun said and Yuuri glared at him.

"Hey, I'm not that old! You worry about your own love life, I still have that youthful glow you know," She rolled her eyes as she walked to her computer.

Ping!

1 new email!

Yuuri sighed as she opened the email.

Reciever: Forté Law Firm

KWRTO ZNSBE CONTIENAYDE

BAOWOFE SOUJINWESK

(File corrupted, cannot be read)

Sender: 000

SOUJIN POV

"Jaemyun, you should go and rest," I said as I patted Jimin's shoulder, and Jimin sighed as he stood up.

"No, I... don't have work tomorrow. I'll be fine," Jimin smiled as he looked at me.

"I want to dig in about this child.... with the help of my friends," he said and I nodded as I placed a blanket beside him.

I digged through the files I have with Jungkook so far. I read them one by one, looking through the papers.

Jungkook was present in 25th December in Hongdae along with 6 other accomplices. Although, he was the only one who was caught and the six others are unknown in name. Bangtan likes to constantly change the names of their members to avoid identification, but the most famous one has to be Jungkook himself.

SAN held a Christmas event in Hongdae that day. And I can now put an assumption that he can be involved in this bombing. Although I need evidence, it doesn't hurt to check more about this Christmas event.

Song Jaepil, who was also present, lied about not being there. There is a possibility he can be an accomplice, but there is a lack of proof. But isn't it coincidential that two of the biggest companies in Seoul, Kyonghwan and SAN held events in the same place and at the same day?

I read the papers slowly, and I heard the door of the general ward of Jongseong open, but I still kept my head low as I was reading the papers. The nurse came in with a cart, and she was approaching the sleeping Jongseong, probably to give injections to his IV.

Jimin and Hyebin were both asleep. Hyebin was on the couch while Jimin slept on a chair, the lights were off and there was a faint light from outside.

"Wait a second," I said as I put the papers down. It was 11 in the evening, and it was quiet.

The nurse looked at me, holding the syringe. I looked at her before opening my mouth.

"Are... you sure you're a nurse?" I asked, and the nurse stared at me for a few seconds, keeping eye contact.

"Aren't you trying too hard to fit-" I said but was cut off as she lunged at me with the syringer.

I grabbed her wrist, gripping it tightly before kicking her back. Thank God I wore flats and she was wearing heels. This action woke Jimin up, and his eyes widened as he went down to help me, restraining the nurse and taking the syringe.

Soon, the nurse suddenly collapsed, and my eyes widened as I slowly approached her. Her mouth was bloody, and she laid limp on the floor.

"Poison pill, she had one in her mouth. She knew we were gonna question her," Jimin said as he stood up, looking at me.

"How... did you know she wasn't a nurse?" He asked and I shrugged.

"No nurse smells like gasoline and oil. Iy was... something I learned from Hyunjin when I was little," I said as I looked at the syringe in my hand.

"This is poison. She was planning to poison Jongseong," I said as I looked at the sleeping boy.

"Who do you think would do such a thing?" Jimin tsked, and I looked at him.

"Now that I have this syringe, I can send this proof to someone so they could investigate the contents. But I do know that she is a hired assassin, someone hired her to kill this boy," I said as I kept the syringe in a ziplock bag.

"That's... I can help with Jongseong. I can hide him somewhere, but we must question Hyebin. She's refusing to be intrerviewed," Jimin said, and I sighed.

"I'll... give her time. She's been shaking ever since that incident, I'll give her tomorrow or the day after that," I said as I fixed my suitcase.

Jimin crouched down, staring down at the body before scanning the pockets for anything. Then, his eyes widened as he got something from the back pocket.

"Soujin, look," Jimin said as he handed me a small slip of paper.

"Park Jongseong, 6-year old. Spotted at HJ Medical Center," I read as I looked at the writing.

"This.... assassin. She was only told to kill, she wasn't did not have a grudge on Jongseong, but the person who hired her did," Jimin said.

"We must go with your plan, where do you plan to take them?"

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or u will sleep with a rat

ARE THE CHAPTERS FIXED IDK AAAHHH pls pls let it be fixed im gonna cry wattshit :((