41; the past

TW: DOMESTIC ABUSE, USE OF DRUGS

"I want all y'all to sit here and watch what happens to mommy when she doesn't listen to daddy." Greg tells the kids as he had them seated on the couch while their mom stood in the middle of the living room with tears streaming down her face.

"What's going on?" Cole asked as he saw the state in which his mother was. She gave them a sad smile showcasing her bloody mouth. "Bitch stop smiling." he said to her and she automatically listened.

"Mom!" Brayden yelled as the first blow connected with her stomach making her fall over coughing up blood. He continued to punch, kick, slap, and even spit on her forcing their children to watch.

This went on for 30 minutes then he was finally done. "Listen next time you whore. Be ready for me when I come back." he said kicking her one last time before leaving out the front door.

"Go to sleep." Stephanie said to them barely above a whisper. She didn't know how they were going to sleep after witnessing such a horrid thing.

The kids quietly got up from the couch and went into their shared bedroom. 

With little to no strength, she raised from the floor grabbing her phone to call someone. "K-Kara" she said into the phone as she fought back tears. "I'm dropping them off tonight please have everything in order for her." she told Kara.

"Sailor Green right?" Kara asked her. "Yup." Stephanie said walking over to her bedroom packing a punch of clothes into a bag. "How do you know her?" Kara asked. "She use to go to my high school, she was always the only person nice to me." Stephanie admitted to Kara.

"I have to go before he gets back." Stephanie said into the phone. "Okay, be safe." Kara said hanging up the phone.

Soon as Stephanie heard the call end she broke down into tears. "How could I let my life turn into this?" Stephanie asked herself.

"God please protect my babies." she prayed looking up to the sky. She regrets everything that has happened since he walked into her life.

She was heavily on drugs, couldn't skip a day with getting a fix and Greg use to use that to his advantage. Have her do stuff for him with the promise of getting some drugs into her system.

One day when she was really high on drugs, she went stumbling into the kids' room and the look on the older ones' faces made her feel ... ashamed. Since then she hasn't had a drug in her system.

She walked into the kids' room looking at them all sleeping on the floor, how could she sell her children's stuff, was she that much of a drug addict. She was embarrassed.

"I'm doing this for y'all." she said quietly to herself. "Wake up everyone." she said going actress mode pretending to not care for the children so they could hate her the way she hated herself.

She turned on the light and got all of them up. "I'll be outside in the car, y'all got five minutes. Don't make me wait." she narrowed her eyes pointing at them.

"What is going on?" Mia asked her older siblings who were just confused as her. "Chop! Chop! We don't have all day." Stephanie said which was true. At any moment Greg could show back up and she didn't want that to happen.

The kids quickly rushed in the car and they sat silently as she drove off. "Where are we going?" Clare asked, "Why does it matter?" Stephanie asked boredly. 

After driving for a good little while they pulled into a garage of a large building. "What's Sailor Designs?" Cole asked "God, I wish you guys would shut up." she said rolling her eyes.

She scrunches her face up in confusion when she didn't see the usually Porsche truck in the CEO reserved parking space. "Get out and stand by the tesla" she told them and they did what she said. 

She just hoped that it was actually Sailor's car- never mind she sees the purple steering wheel cover. "Still the same Sailor from middle and high school." she smiled softly to herself.

"Bye." Stephanie said with an evil smile as she pulled off and for an extra 'I want you to hate me.' she stuck out her middle finger.

Instead of driving out of the parking lot leaving the kids on their own, she found a parking spot where she would be able to keep eyes on them.

It's been about 30 minutes and she was getting worried. 'Is Sailor not at work today?' 'Did she leave earlier?' 'Is that not her car?' All of her worries vanished when she saw Sailor walking out of the elevator.

She wished she could hear what was being said but all she saw was their mouth moving then all of a sudden they all were getting into Sailor's car. 

Stephanie smiled softly knowing her children were in good hands well that is if Sailor wants to keep them.

• • •

how y'all feeling?????

also next two chapters will be up tomorrow in like the afternoon or sum