114. life without you

A D O M A N I A

cxiv||life without you

Andromeda Tonks did not expect visitors that rainy afternoon, but yet there Regulus was, stood outside her cottage door with his tousled hair drenched with rain and his eyes bloodshot from what she assumed is crying. She stares at him for a moment, taking in the almost empty whiskey bottle clutched in his left hand and how disheveled he appears.

"We split up." Regulus whispers, just loud enough for Andromeda to head over the harsh rain, her mouth slightly agape as she takes in the new i formation.

Stepping forward, she slowly brings her younger cousin into a hug, her arms around his shoulders and her hand soothingly rubbing his back and she can feel his body shiver slightly.

"Do you want some tea? Coffee?" Andromeda mutters in his ear and he nods his head slowly, his hand shaky as he follows behind her.

He spends at least half an hour sat in silence just drinking his coffee before Andromeda finally gains an explanation from him. He tells her everything, from Rebecca coming to the house it so-called 'warn' him and purposely leaving her bracelet. Hun and Maria's fight, how she was the one who got the last word in ending it.

"I never should've fucking lied to her." Regulus shakes his head. "I never should have done that."

"You're right." Andromeda nods, pulling her pale green cardigan tighter around her, feeling quite chilled as the fire dies out. Ted is in Nymphadora's bedroom, reading her a tale from 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard', and not returned yet with fresh wood for the flames to burn. "You shouldn't have lied. Why did you? When have you ever lied to her?"

"I don't know, I thought it would make everything worse." Regulus sighs, running a hand through his tousled hair. "I've never lied about something like that to her before."

Andromeda purses her lips, seeing Regulus tracing his thumb over his inner wrist where the tattoo that Maria had given him is practically burning at his skin.

"What are you going to do?"

Regulus purses his lips, tears in his eyes and he shakes his head, "I can't live without her, Andy. I really fucking can't."

"You're going to have to." Andromeda breathes, reaching over to grab Regulus' hand and give it a squeeze but he shakes his head and stands up.

"I'm sorry." He says, running a hand over his tea stained face. "I shouldn't have come. I'm not staying with you, I can't. You have such an amazing life with Ted and Dora and I'm not barging in to ruin it again."

"You won't, Reg, don't be silly." Andromeda whispers softly, standing up to get closer to eye level with her cousin. Of course, this was hard considering how annoyingly lanky the eighteen year old is, but being 5'9", Andromeda manages to do fine. "Dora loves having you around, don't say that."