Chapter 39

Tris

All my life I thought there was something romantic about fighting for Elle. About winning her back. But here, as I sit with Eris beside me, under the sky full of shining stars, I have come up with the realization that there is nothing worthy about having to continously convince someone to love you back.

Eris loves me. Without ifs, without buts. Not just out of convenience. She loves not just the pretty ones about me. She accepts even the worst parts of me. She stays when everyone's leaving me behind. She chooses me when there's a lot better around her.

How could I ever be that lucky?

"You are enough." Eris says as she gently clings her hands on my arm.

"What?"

She shrugs. "In case you were feeling like you weren't. You're enough for me, Tris. Not that much. But not that lacking either."

Staring at those pale-coal eyes, she's making me lost inside my head again.

"You really should marry me, Eris. You're just making me scared every second that you're not beside me."

Umangat yung kilay nito. "Bakit na naman? Hindi na nga kita inaaaway. Mabait na ko sayo kahit Negra ka pa din." Pabirong sabi nito na ikinangiti ko na lang.

Yung Negra kasi nitong termino patungkol sakin ay dahil nasobrahan daw ako sa pagka-hot.

"I'm scared that anyone could see how beautiful you are. At how kind.." I took a deep breath as staring at Eris is making me breathless. "You're so sweet. So perfect. And no, maybe not. But I love you too much that my heart's going to burst for being so in love with you. You're making me mad to the extent that catching anyone looking at you is making me want to pull a fight. They can't stare at you like the way I do. I never want to own anything until I met you. "

"You're getting creepy, Tris." natatawang saway nito nang makita na tiningnan ko ng masama yung mga nasa kabilang table na lantaran na nakatingin sa aming dalawa ni Eris.

Particularly, on Eris. It's as if they are scrutinizing her under their bold stares.

Kung bakit naman kasi ayaw pang umuwi ni Eris. Di hamak naman na mas okay sa bahay namin kesa dito sa party ng pinsan nya.

"Let's just go home, sweetheart. Samin ka matulog ngayon ha? I'll lend you clothes."

"Hindi pa pwede. Di pa tapos yung party. Para kay Harrice 'to. She needs our presence as her moral support."

Umismid ako. Sa dami naman ng sumusuporta kay Harrice, kahit umalis pa kami ni Eris ay siguradong hindi naman nito mapapansin.

Naiiling na ipinagpatuloy ko na lang yung pagkain ko. Kahit si Eris kasi ay tahimik na kumakain na din. Mukhang nagutom sa kakahintay sakin kanina.

"Eris?"

"Hmm?"

"Weren't you really mad when you saw Kaylee kissing me?"

Inangat lang nito yung kutsara nito sa ere at saka umiling. "No. I'm more of jealous."

That boosted my ego. In a bad way. Contradictory. Part of me is happy na apektado din pala ito pag nakikita ako na may kasamang iba. Pero there's also a part of me that's feeling guilty. Ayoko na malaman na nagseselos ito o nasasaktan sa mga bagay na ginagawa ko.

"You didn't hear what I've said to her after that?"

Umiling lang ulit si Eris. "Hindi. Ayoko din na lumapit at makigulo. Sabi ko naman sayo, Tris, mahal lang kita. Pero kaya ko naman mabuhay na wala ka. It's just that being with you is making me feel more alive, happy, contented, and in love."