vii. paris, the city of love

┓
CHAPTER SEVEN
Paris, the city of love
{🩸}

                         ┕

KALANI OPENED her room door after hearing Ned and Peter talk. "Hey" she learnt against the doorway

"Where were you?" She asked trying to make him budge.

"Um. I got lost?"

"How? You can swing from— I mean we were all worried about you. Well me and Ned." Kalani stopped herself from revealing anything

"What?" He looked at her scared and confused

"I'm glad your back safe"

🩸

Six years ago

"Peter! Your back! Your back!" 10 year old Kalani hugged her friend.

"Yeah I am." He smiled hugging her back

"I missed you! Me and Ned missed you!" She laughed as Ned hugged his bestfriend

Peter smiled at the two "I got you guys something" he pulled out two bags one green and one yellow.

Kalani opened her bag to see a yellow rose hairpin and a book about flowers. She looked at Peter amazed before kissing him on the cheek.

"Can you put this in my hair please" she asked him.

Peter placed the yellow rose clip in her hair smiling at the younger girl.

"I'm glad your back safe"

🩸

present

Kalani sighed messing her hair around "I hate that the trip is canceled. I didn't even get the book yet."

Peter took off his bag looking around it for something. "I got you something while I was lost." He pulled out a scrubby old book with the title 'Paris, the city of love'

"You got me this" Kalani covered her mouth in shock before hugging the boy.

"Yeah, anything for you"

They pulled away and Kalani walked back into her room with a smile on her face. She thought about walking back out and hugging him again, but her heart took over and opened the door to see Peter at the door.

"Oh"

"Hi"

"Um. Look, I'm not ready for this trip to be over yet and I kind of want to do something fun , that's not on the itinerary or planned or with Mr. Harrington"

"Yes. Wait you mean like a date right?" Kalani questioned

"Yes. Yes of course a date"

"Yes. I'll go on a date with you"