chapter 21

"I have never seen a doctor's office like this." i speak walking around.

the women had said she could help.

we would be able to get our mom back....

some and clary followed her inside and its amazing, everything is so open and beautiful.plants are covered all around, pretty flowers.

"Do you live here, too?" i question turning around paying less attention to my surrounds and more on the women.

"Upstairs. On the third floor. The second floor is reserved for my warlock practice."the woemen explains smiling widely at me making me smile back at her." And down here is where I try to prolong the precious lives of the mundanes. Keeps a gal busy."the women tells me making me smile at her.

  i turn to clary and smile making her smile until her eyes widen,i frown turning to lookw here she is looking and realise a small gilr is attatched to the warlock womens side.

"Hey, there. What's your name?"i say smiling crotching down looking at the girl.

"This is Madzie."the lady tells me grinning crotching down to be at the same height as the girl too.

"Hi, Madzie." i say smiling at her but she doesnt smile back.

"Honey, why don't you go ask Leigh to give you a cookie? You tell her I said it was okay."the women speaks kindly to the small girl making her nod before she walks off.

clary looks towards the women frowning slightly making the lady smile.

"She's my goddaughter. Smarter than a whip, just doesn't speak much." the lady says standing up holding a hand out to help me stand too."Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about youtwo" the lady speaks smiling looking between me and clary as i move to hold my sisters hand.

"So, I'll need something of your mother's. A lock of hair, fingernails...-" the women telsl us making clary cut her off.

"Yeah, sure. I can do that. "clary replies back nodding.

"Wonderful. And then, of course, there is the matter of my fee. Now, I know you don't have a lot of money, and, sadly, this is not something that insurance will cover. "the women tells us laughing making me nverously glance at clary."But I like you. So, I'll tell you what. I'll bring your mother back, and, as payment, you can owe me a favor."the women tells us making me gulp nervously again and smile awkwardly.

"Uh, what kind of favor?" i question slowly looking between clary and the women.

"Oh, who can say? Right now, you need a warlock. And every so often, I need a Shadowhunter. When that time will come, I'm not so sure. But when it does, I'll call on you. How about that?" the women speaks shurgging looking at me and clary with a wide smile on her face.

i nervously glance at clary and she looks at me.

" do you wnat mom back?"she questions looking at me with a sad smile.

"obviously." i reply back straight away.

"then yes...we agree" clary speaks turning to look at the women.

no ones pov:

alec didnt know why he was sat outside his apartment.

he didnt know what drew him here....just that it was the only place he wanted to be right now.

he didnt know if he was going to even speak to magnus....

all he knew was he needed him right now.

so when magnus walked out of his front door and saw alec sat there he instantly walked over.