Kendalls Pov (1)

KENDAL LEVY

><{{{(•>

May blossom high is an excellent institution built by the aristocrats in the early twenties. It has held records of great achievements and alumni of various class like
Politicians, Hollywood stars, football stars and every other high profile individuals of the society.
It's a wonder every rich kid in the state attended the school, just like their predecessors they wanted to end up in the upper class, to be Hollywood stars, ground breaking influencers and so on.

The school was bragged about often by its students.

Importantly, students here took great pride in their reputation. Students where careful at picking their circle of friends, the classes they joined and courses for they took, they determined how successful one might be in ending up in the upper class.

It's one thing to hang out in a clique at May blossom high but riding solo and still maintaining the status as the 'student's heartthrob' brought a different kinda admiration and love because you're like the cool kid who does nothing but walk into a place and be adored.

Everyone certainly worship the ground you walk on, and there are so many like that here.

I, on the other hand, I'm not famous nor the brightest girl at school, I'm just Kendal Levy the tomboy like some of my classmates call me, probably because I don't dress girly and belong to a girl gang nor do I engage in activities that most girls love.

I've always held my head down in class, cafeteria or at the infamous hallways but it didn't make me more invincible, probably a side effect of being best friends with Landon Brookes.

From afar, I spot Jessica in a pink tight sweater and coated lips. The weather is a nice, an excuse for girls to apply any sort of lipstick in the name of patchy lips without being punished.

Jessica Caurie, my only female friend at school. We were among the few privileged kids who couldn't afford May Blossom high but found ourselves lucky to be here. It was either an opportunity based off of merit on academic prowess or charity. Mine was the later.

I feel my nostrils clog up by a foreign scent, distorting my unstable stomach. Jessica engulfs me in her bone-wrenching hug, squealing directly into my left ear.

"I've missed you, Kenny, you look so skinny. It's been ages since we hung out, phone calls weren't enough." she babbled. I hate hugs, anything that invaded my body was a no!

Before I can catch my breath and respond I find myself being dragged through the mass of people in the hallway, Jessica was very impulsive and sometimes unobservant.

She drags us both to the girl's washroom and wait for the girls to leave before bolting the doors, barring anyone from joining. I watch in awe at her guts. She did know how to exercise her authority as a senior.

"You mind telling me what this is for?" I ask, still amazed at her behavior. I push the thought of Jessica giving me a surprise gift as the reason for her actions, she certainly isn't one to remember the littlest bit about someone else but would fret if you ever forget a story she told you once.

"Okay, Kenny... I don't know how to say this but, okay, someone asked me on a date last night!" she screeches once again in pure ecstasy.

It wasn't what I expected but this was interesting too, Jessica never mentioned about a crush nor did she ever give off the dating vibe. Just like me, she acted stoic towards relationships, so this was surprising.

"Who did?"

"You won't believe this, take a guess." she bends towards the mirror and wipes a non-existent smear off her caked face.

I'm left wondering when Jessica became so acquainted and comfortable in heavy makeup. Peeking from her face down to her lips and tight sweater which did well to conceal most of her heavy bosom, my thoughts are that a lot did change about her after the long vacation.

"You know I'm bad at guessing, very bad, just say it before the first period starts already." I cajole, getting bored at the silly games already.

"So I got invited to one of Florida's amazing house parties last Saturday. Landon and I hung out, we talked," she pause to catch her breath. I'm not sure where this conversation is headed but I let her continue.

"I never saw it coming, he abruptly popped the question and I was starstruck. He boldly asked if I had a boyfriend." she squealed, her clenched teeth on display. "I didn't want to seem desperate so I played hard but he kept digging and digging for answers until I finally told him I'm single and that we could try dating each other for a while and see how that plays out." she throws her hands up, mesmerized. "I was only daring him K, but he took me serious and kissed me!" She exclaims,with muffled chuckles.

"Urrgh... so are you guys like a couple now?" I ask, anxious.
She bites her lower lip, with a delirious smile and nods in agreement.

For the first time since I walked in through the school's gate, I began considering the possibilities of ever graduating from May blossom high. Heaven knows I love this school and everything in it even with the regular bullying I get.

But with this news Jessica just spilled, I feel a huge lump form in my throat, and my chest becomes unbearably heavy as I struggle to smile for my friend in support.

"Wow... uh really?" I force out a spurt of awkward laughter.

These were the times I appreciated Jessica's inattentiveness. She didn't notice how odd I was acting, rather she turned her mirror gaze from me to her recently delicate face and started applying lipstick.

Instantly I turn away from the mirror to catch my breath and control my fast cramping chest.

I can't believe it's happening again, to go through the same wave of frustrations, jealousy, and mind reproach all again.
I thought it was the last time and would be less painful.

"Are you okay? you seem pale, is your stomach upset?" Jessica observed me carefully as I comforted myself.

"It's nothing I took my drugs so I'll be fine soon." I rub my belly for emphasis.

"Alright then, don't tell anybody yet, we want to announce it specially to everyone. I can't wait to see the look on some peoples faces, the likes of Yvonne and her crew." she sighs dreamily, shaking both arms vigorously.

"We need to leave now, people are knocking on the door, they'll need to use the bathroom as well." I say and unlock the door to let people in.

It was a no brainer at May Blossom high that my best friend Landon Brookes was among the most sorted after elite. It didn't help that asides from being helplessly good looking that he was very chivalrous and calm. A trait that drew tons of female attention to him.
The teachers loved him too.
And it was news that he's been single for the past six months, and everyone was anticipating his next relationship. Some shippers were fervently shipping him and his ex, Yvonne Novald but Landon was way over her.

If Yvonne thinks she has greater chances of ending up with him than anyone else then THIS will shock her for life.