5

Present day.

Jordan's pov

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. I don't think I can do this. Rivers being so casual about it. I think I'm going to puke. That would be the most embarrassing shit I've ever done. That would be something I would think about every night before I fell asleep.

Matt. is. rolling. the. FUCKING window down. Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. Wait he doesn't look mad, just very confused.

"Hey, what's up?" And he speaks! He sounds even hotter in person, woah.

River looks over at me and I shoot her a look. I don't know what to say. Should I pretend I don't know anything about them? Wait no because then why would we be walking up to them. I'm so screwed.

I wish I didn't care as much like River did, but I do. Luckily she takes over, "Um hi, I'm River and this is Jordan." Thank god for her.

"Hi good to meet you guys." Matt says while giving us a nod. The back window starts to roll down but I think it's broken because it's rolling down abnormally slow. "I'm Matt, wha-"

"I'm Nick!"

River and I started laughing and Matt tried to speak again. "Wha-"

"And I'm Chris." He holds up his hand to wave, interrupting Matt. I already know who they are but I let them introduce themselves anyway.

Matt turns around towards Chris and shakes his head.

"What? I am Chris. You can't tell me I'm wrong." I know Matt was only shaking his head because he got interrupted again but Chris is the oblivious one..I think. I don't know how they are in real life.

Matt turns his head back to us and rolls his eyes, "What's up?"

It's my turn. "I watch your guy's youtube videos and I just wanted to say hi and by the way, Happy Birthday."

"Oh!" River looks over at me real quick and back to them. "How old are you guys turning?"

Nick was eating ice cream but stops and looks back at me and says, "She doesn't watch our youtube videos does she?"

I laugh a little before responding, "No she doesn't but I've tried to put her on."

"Missin out" Chis mumbles from the front.

"18." Matt says redirecting the conversation.

"Wait! You guys kinda look familiar.." Nick questions before shoving more ice cream into his mouth. "What did you say your names were again?"

"I'm Jordan and that's River." I respond pointing over at River when I mention her name.

"Ohhhhh yeah, I've seen you guys on my for you page a couple of times." Nick says in realization. "You guys seem like you're doing pretty well on social media, do you still go to school? Oh, Sorry if that sounds weird, I'm just wondering because we switched to online school a few months ago."

"Yeah actually, Riv and I were thinking about switching to online school, sometimes it gets kind of tough being in public school while working on projects but our parents want us to finish out our senior year." I say feeling like I'm rambling but Nick genuinely seems interested in what I'm saying. Comforting.

He waves his pointer finger back and forth, "Yep that's exactly why we switched."

"So what are you guys doing out here, don't you have school tomorrow?" Matt chimes in again.

River giggles a little bit and Matt looks confused. Nick kicks the back of Matt's car seat and says, "Matt It's like 8pm, they're not 10."

I laugh at Nicks attitude, I think we're going to get along quite well. "Haha no tomorrow's senior ditch day so we're just doing whatever tonight." I say looking between Nick and Matt.

Matt turns fully around in his seat and sticks his head out the window so his head is right by backseat's window. "Jeez Nick how was I supposed to know. It's not like I go to their school." As he's pulling his body back into his seat, he looks at me with a little smile and shakes his head.

We keep eye contact for a good couple of seconds, his eyes are so pretty. Suddenly I feel like I'm starting at him for too long and snap back into reality, "Going back to your question, We just wrapped up filming a youtube video."

"Oh nice! We're actually about to do the same." Matt says sounding excited for us. I like that we have common interests, maybe he's not that excited. I mean in this industry you meet a lot of people with the same interests considering you're all out for the same goals. It's probably just in my head though, I've been crushing on this man for the last couple of months.

"Well I don't wanna keep you guys for too long considering you're about to film. I just wanted to stop by and say hi." I say trying to wrap up the conversation, it's not like I wanted to stop talking to them but I don't want to be annoying and take up all their time.

"Yeah yeah it was nice meeting you guys, I'm sure we'll run into each other soon." Matt says, he seems good at not making conversations awkward.

"Yeah hopefully, alright well you guys have a good night." I say as we're about to start walking back to our car.

"Yeah you too." Matt adds.

River and I start walking back to my car but we only get a couple of steps away before River yells out, "Oh and Happy 18th Birthday!"

"Thank you!" Nick yells out his window before rolling it back up.

We get back to my car but I don't wanna sit there for too long, we've got to make a good exit. We put on our seatbelts and start to drive away. I look over at their car one last time and Matts looking at us. He notices me looking at him and gives me a little wave. I wave back obviously, he's so cute I cannot.

We get into the main road and that's when I freak out."Holy shit River! I think that went well! What about you? Was I talking too much?"

"No not at all, you were perfect J." River says smiling back at me. She knows exactly what to say and when to say it.

"Ahhhhhhhh! Ok, I don't wanna talk about it too much because then I'll start over thinking." It's just the way my brain works, I hate it but it is what it is.

"Hahaha ok well can you please drop me off at Wills house?" She asks. Ugh I hate that she still with him but I oblige and start heading over towards his house.