第16章 - Under the Surface

"My name is Gojo Hiyori and I'm going to be the strongest sorcerer in the world with my dad - Gojo Satoru!" Hiyori said, repeating the words she had rehearsed with Tsuki for the past two nights

"My name is Gojo Hiyori and I'm going to be the strongest sorcerer in the world with my dad - Gojo Satoru!" Hiyori said, repeating the words she had rehearsed with Tsuki for the past two nights. Her doe violet-blue eyes stared at the people in front of her. Her adoptive father's classmates and sensei. She really hoped she hadn't messed up the words. Hiyori tilted her head up to look at Satoru who was holding her in his arms. She relaxed at the grin on his face as he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"That's my girl!" Satoru said proudly. Hiyori smiled brightly. The audience stared at the little girl in awe over how sweet her smile was. Satoru wrapped his arms around her tighter.

"Look at her, isn't she precious?" Satoru cooed. Suguru shook his head at his best friend's antics and got up from his desk. He walked to the front of the class where Satoru stood with Hiyori in his arms and patted the little girl's head.

"Uncle Gekko" Hiyori said, reaching her hands out at her uncle so he could carry her instead. She hadn't seem him in a couple days and missed her favorite uncle. Suguru chuckled and reached to take Hiyori from a reluctant Satoru's arms. An irk mark appeared on Suguru's head as he tried to pry Hiyori from Satoru who only clung to her harder.

"Satoru, just what did exactly did you do this time?" Satoru and Suguru's teacher, Yaga Masamichi, asked while staring at the white-haired little girl who was now in Suguru's arms after he successfully took her from a now-pouting Satoru. His pout vanished when Hiyori pressed a light kiss to Satoru's cheek.

"Man, this takes the cake for the craziest shit you two have done to date" Shoko said, leaning her head against one hand while staring at Hiyori who turned to look at the brown-haired teenager. Hiyori gave her a little wave that Shoko returned. Yaga shook his head at his student's unbothered attitude and turned to Satoru.

"Where are her parents, Satoru. Where did you even find her? Explain" Yaga questioned Satoru who shrugged nonchalantly.

"I found her while on my mission in Hokkaido. You know, that one I had to do for the Ainu. Her parents died when she was born and her sister's missing. I checked and she doesn't seem to have any family other than that so I adopted her. It's not official adoption...I'm gonna do that when I turn 18 but she's my daughter from now on!" Yaga sighed and shook his head. The higher-ups were going to go froth in the mouth when they found out what Satoru had done but he wasn't mad at his student. Maybe having a child would teach him how to be more responsible. It did explain why Satoru had abruptly moved out of the school dormitories though. But, even if he wasn't mad at Satoru, Yaga was still going to give his student a talking to for making such a brash decision when he was only a second-year in high school.

"Hiyori, that's Shoko and that's Yaga-sensei" Suguru introduced the two to Hiyori, like he and Satoru hadn't already told her all about them, while Yaga lectured a nonchalant Satoru. Shoko got up from her desk and went to pat the little girl's head. Hiyori smiled and leaned into the touch.