Holding on and letting go

Namjoon's P. O. V.

"Dong Wok or us? " I asked Jae as she looked at me in disbelief.

"Joonie what kind of question is that? " She asked.

"But that is an important question, Jae-ah. " I looked past Jae as I saw Jin hyung standing there.

"Jinnie you too? " She whined as I let go of her.

"You just can't go around and toy with us right? We have feelings too. So, better choose wisely. It's either us or him. " I said as she looked at me.

"Let's go to the drawing-room. I'm sure there will be everyone. They also have the right to listen to it from your mouth. " Jin hyung said as he walked away and I and Jae trailed behind.

"Everyone, Jae has something to tell you. " Jin hyung announced as we all gathered in the living room.

"What is it mama? " Dongmin-ah asked as he looked at her.

"Well, first let's go and get you some snacks. You're hungry, right? " Jin hyung said as Dongmin-ah nodded and quickly followed him to the kitchen.

"You have 10 minutes to decide. " Jin hyung shouted as he went to the kitchen.

I went to a couch and collapsed beside Taehyung as he asked,
"What it's about hyung? "

"She's choosing between Dong Wook and us. " I sighed.

"What? " Yoongi hyung asked as he stood up.

"This is nonsense. " Dong Wook also threw hands in the air.

"Jae, you don't have to do this- "

"Yoongi, I think it's really time. I can't go around and toy with your feelings anymore. " Jae said as I saw the pain in her voice.

After a few silent and torturing minutes, Jin hyung came as he stood beside her.

"Now, Jae.... What did you decide? " Jin hyung asked.

"I've thought for a long time. I know I'm gonna break some hearts and I'm gonna even hurt myself from this decision. But this is not for me. This is for Dongminnie. Maybe I took the wrong decision but please don't blame me for it. Cause....Cause I love you all and I don't want to fucking hurt you. " She cried as those words left her mouth.

"Jae stop right there- " Yoongi hyung said but I grabbed him.

"No hyung It's time. I'm done wondering. " I said as Jae hiccupped.

"Aera, you don't have to- " Dong Wook said.

"I've already chosen. And I won't change my decision. " Jae said as she tried to be strong only to crumble from inside.

My heart ached from that but I had to listen to it. Even if it's not us, I just wanted to....confirm it.

I was in a love maze and I wanted answers.

"Jae, say it. " Hobi encouraged her with a smile on his face as Jae nodded.

"It's- "

"Please, Jae. Think one more time. " Jungkook begged.

"I did. And it's.... " She sighed heavily as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Dong Wook. " She said as she collapsed on the floor.

And that's it.

I had a bad feeling.

But I did have a little hope.