PROLOGUE

My head is throbbing from the all the torture I am receiving. I added one more red line made up of my blood by raking my fingernail on the wall to which my chains are attached. Three months and fifteen days. From three months and fifteen days I am down in this cold bloody dungeon only the rats and rodent for my company. Nicely feeding on me detached fingers. Apart from a little bit water last month I had not eaten or drank anything. I am suprised I am not dead yet due to dehydration or hunger. First I felt as if my stomach is eating me inside out but after few days I became numb. Too numb to feel anything. They must have damaged some of my spinal nerves.

A glad damage. I looked down at my dress which is in tatters and matted in dirt and blood. My hair are in same condition. Once the raven black hair which used to fall in smooth waves till down my waves are now unrecognisable. My entire body is bruised and my left eye is shut. My left ankle and right hand is definitely broken. My left shoulder is dislocated from its socket and there are whip marks on my back. Definitely not the normal one. The one with nine tailed burning whip. I think my knees are out of their sockets due to the torture rack. That blasted machine.

Total of thirty two rusty iron nails are logged in my very skin and bones puncturing the vessels that used to carry my life blood from my left ankle to hip bones. Patches of hair are missing from my scalp when I was dragged down from my palace to blood dungeons on hot coal and glass pieces. They are correct when they called this place as blood dungeons. Once anyone came here they can only leave in a earthen pot or in ashes. The fewer gaurds who come to patrol this down looked at me in shook no doubt wondering how the hell I am still alive. I still think it's Chanchala who don't want me to be dead yet or else I would have died years ago. There are rumors of witches, mages, changers and seer living among us before the great war which wiped cleaned the kingdoms and forged the new kingdoms like ours at present.

"Answer me you whore" the Senapati said whipping me. I just whimpered at the high tone. "She is not answering anything Your Highness." He said to my step mother the current queen or more likely his old or new lover. "Leave her she can't die untill she tell us." She said as they left the dungeons. From a long time they are asking me about a mysterious artefact whose location is unknown. They said that I was supposed to know it. But I don't. When I was two when my father married Chanchala and my mother could not convince a male heir. She is princess of Hind Kush. My father was unable to avoid the marriage which I still highly doubt. But she bewitched him and killed my mother. I only came to know about it when I was thrown in dungeons.

Now her daughter is princess, the crown princess. Yurani of Devgiri, bethroled of Oldest son of Alwar. Taking the identity of mine she took the foundation of powers, of my entire authority. They made my father believe that I was conspiring with enemies. No one came to my rescue. All my friends are either died or in dungeons. My best friend warrior Ayudhik was accused of treason when he tried to expose the Senapati's and queen's affair. Suddenly there are rumors all over the country about me and Ayudhik. He was beheaded in public. He is like my brother. Not soon after I am thrown here.

My vision became too cloudy with dark spots covering the periphery. My whole life began to play in front of my eyes. I was wondering what might have happened if I was able to expose them. What if I was able to burn their house of cards before it cement. What if the king in this chess of kingdoms died before the queen made if first move. Can all the innocents who died because of them would be able to live. I felt light headed and I desperately tried to latch to the remaining consiousness but it was all in vain. My body is too weak to live through the torture this time. This might not be the first time but it's definitely the worst. Worest than two years back when they branded symbols of Alwar and Devgiri on my back. More worest than when they poisoned with me most painful of poisons. I was lost in darkness as I felt a faint blurry image of Ayudhik infront of my eyes.

I rapidly blinked my eyes to find I am in a green meadow with trees, mountains and river. Trees are loaded with sweet fruits and the water is clear enough to see the bottom. I looked down to find myself in a white dress. I heared a soft voice singing a melody. Unknowingly I slowly waked in that direction. My feets gliding over the green grass. As I reached the place I saw a lady sitting on a rock. She is beautiful. Her black hair are cascading past her waist. Her blue eyes had knowledge past her. She is divine and etheral. "Come her my child." She called softly. I moved closer to her. "How do you know who I am ?" I asked quizicly. She smiled and said "I know everything about you Alekhya. I can't tell you everything but it is not your time to die yet. You have to do many great things in your life."

"But how can I? Even if I return. I can't stop them." I said tears trying to resurface. "I know my child that's why I will send you back in time. You just protect the innocent. You are destined to do many great things." She said as she kissed my forehead. Soon I felt as if my soul is being sucked into a void. "Wait please tell me who are you ?" I said as I saw her smiling at me. "I will tell you next time my dear." I heard her before the world went black.

"Rajkumari Rajkumari !! Are you awake? " I heared a noise near my ear. I opened my eyes to find my maid and Suman shaking me. "What happened ?" I groaned. My head is killing me. My body is sore. "You don't remember. You went to temple and suddenly the carriage upsettled. You are unconscious for two days. " I remembered now. I looked towards my hands. I am back in my fourteen years old self. My mother died eight years back but it is not too late to save others. I got up from my bed even after Suman's protests. I looked out of window towards our empire's flag. A proud tiger roaring at the shining sun with a bow and sword crossed it it's background. Vivid colours of green, red, orange and blue showing the crest of Devrajs. I will not disappoint others now. All the evildoers will pay for what they did because I am back for Vengeance.