Chapter 97: Sports Festival (11)

The next match had a 30 minutes break. Both Bakugo and Neji were taken to Recovery Girl one after another.

After Bakugo was healed of the small bruises he had, Neji was led to the room by a nurse who then left him alone with Recovery Girl.

"You don't have to heal me, please," Neji said with a raised arm. He didn't like being kissed by an old granny. "That quirk of yours should have some toll on you as well. As you can see, I am not even scratched, so no need to exert yourself out."

Recovery Girl smiled as her eyes formed crescents. "It's been quite a while since someone worried about me, but..." her eyes opened. "No, ehe."

"..."

—★—

After washing his face with a good face wash that he had in his inventory, Neji went to the waiting room.

This time, Momo wasn't there since he told her he would prefer some alone time, instead.

The alone time was spent... scrolling through youtube feed. Sometimes watching the 3rd-year Sports Festival live streaming.

Nejire was doing fine, too. She was at the finals, against Mirio.

'Guess 2nd place isn't so bad either.'

The 3o minutes passed in a blink and soon Neji's name was called by Present Mic.

He walked out of the entrance tunnel as the crowd's cheer vibrated his eardrums. His smile eternal, Neji walked onto the stage. This time he wasn't the last one to reach, and only seconds later did Bakugo walk into the arena.

Bakugo didn't say anything and neither did Neji. At their silence, the crowd also went silent, causing the arena to enter an eerie silence.

Midnight cleared her throat after slamming her whip down on the platform.

"Be careful, both of you. Remember, you are not trying to kill one another, you are just here to make an impression and only then get the victory. I hope Cemestos wouldn't need to intervene like last time." She said the entire thing whilst looking at Bakugo. She then turned to Neji. "Remember, even if you believe you have good control over your quirks, both of your quirks can kill any normal person. No need to be too flashy... We have seen our part."

Neji nodded nonchalantly while Bakugo did so while frowning. Why did the words directed towards Neji sound soft whilst the ones directed at him sounded harsh? This wasn't fair. Who the fuck did this woman think she was.

'Guess being a pretty boy gets you whores' attention.'

He scoffed under his breath.

'I will see how that pretty face does against a full-blown explosion.'

"Are you ready, kids?" Midnight asked as both of them nodded. "Then begin!"

Midnight jumped away like usual, while Bakugo thought for a moment...

From what he had seen, Neji was very dependent on his Quirk. The only time he used his physical strength was when Bakugo and Inasa leapt into the sky in the 2nd round, Neji punched both of them which made them go unconscious.

But Neji had obviously boosted the impact of his punch with his shockwaves at that moment. Neji's strength and durability wasn't anything that different from a normal teenager. He should just have a bit stronger arms as side effects, just like Bakugo whose arms were very durable and strong after having being used to his explosions.