18 | date afternoon

R E A D E R

R E A D E R

Haneul was beyond adorable. Both caring and generous, he made sure that I had a good time with him. First, we went to the movies and watched a comedy. Quite surprisingly, our humor was pretty similar, and most of the jokes were funny to the both of us.

After that, we ate burgers and fries in a fast food close to the movie theater. Since it was Saturday afternoon, the streets were pretty crowded. I thought Haneul would be ashamed to hang with me at some point, but he never made me feel this way. On the contrary, he seemed not to care about people's opinions and stares. He was in his world, and I liked that about him.

Eventually, we bought fresh drinks and wandered in a floral park to relax and get away from the busy streets.

"Are you close with Taehyung?" Haneul suddenly asked

I shrugged, unsure. "I wouldn't say close, but we're on good terms."

He nodded in response before asking another question. "What about the guy from the art club?"

I frowned, unsure of who he was talking about. "Jay?"

He shrugged. "The cool one. I think you're in the same class."

The cool one, I internally laughed. "You mean Jungkook?" he nodded "Well, we're friends."

Haneul sighed in relief, which made him look absolutely cute.

"Then I have no one to fear."

This made me choke on my straw. "What do you mean?"

He chuckled. "I was scared you might have other boys in mind, so..."

"Yeah, no. Plus boys at school aren't usually interested in a fat foreign girl." I shrugged "Don't worry."

Surprisingly, my statement seemed to shock him. Eyes wide open, the boy scanned me from head to toe as if I was some kind of painting.

"I think you are extremely pretty." he blushed, and-oh my god-I loved kind boys! "And I think you're wrong. Plenty of guys might like you, but you're just too modest to see it."

I allowed myself to laugh, amused yet moved by his words. Why in the world had I not met him sooner? A human confidence booster was all I needed, and it appeared in the body of a cute guy.

There was no way he could be real!

"I'm glad you agreed to go on a date with me. You're funny and smart, I like that about you."

Please stop, I'm about to explode.

"You're probably the most interesting girl at school."