Chapter 46

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

-Third Person's POV-

*ALARM SOUNDS*

"All student's please return to the base. I repeat, all students please return to the base immediately." Seisyll announced, using the bracelets and camera's with built in speakers.

"What is the problem?" Gerwitz scrunched his face, worry and displeasure evident.

"Someone broke through and trespassed our barriers. It is detected to have immense Black Magic." Seisyll placed his hand on his head in frustration.

"Miss Haczkeenson, have you seen Euphie? I haven't seen her ever since a Centissith attacked us earlier." Sel panted, after being separated from Euphemia the five of them have tiredly looked for her everywhere and yet still could not find her.

Seisyll and Gerwitz overheard their conversation and immediately checked the cameras. Instead of finding Euphemia, they saw the black cloaked figure. 

"What..is that?" Their eyes widen as it approached a familiar face, their student and still First Imperial Princess, Euphemia.

"No..it's going to- Get the knights now!" Gerwitz yelled. All of a sudden it attacked Euphemia, making her fly tree after tree, finally her body crashed onto the hard boulder, making the boulder split in half. Her coughing up blood in the process.

Her bracelet lit up but then went out. It malfunctioned, there was a third party interference.

"..Headmaster, I'll go. I need to go there now!" Seisyll along with a group of knights headed out to save Euphemia but no matter where they went. They were never abled to go near or even find her.

"It conjured a spell. No one can enter unless we can find out how to break it." One of the Head Research Professors, Vivien Keswick.

They watch in horror, as the cloaked figure showed it's face. It was no human, it was a being from the Underworld. It spawned demons that mindlessly attacked Euphemia. No matter how hard she put up a fight. It was overpowering her.

"She'll die if this continues! I'll go there myself, " Gerwitz got up and teleported to where the barrier between them and Euphemia ended.

But as he got there, the barrier weakened. They could see what was going on the other side. Rays of water orbs crystallizing and piercing through each of the demons. Then an odd phenomena, the sky that was within it's barrier turned grey.

Rain started pouring down hard at Euphemia's side and yet theirs were dry. Lighting rained down, striking the demons. Earth golems that were larger than any other Earth golem they've ever seen then A golden echo wave blasted through the barrier out, breaking it.

The black-cloaked figure flung, it was clear that it had gotten significantly hurt. 

There, right before their eyes. She slowly disappeared and faded as if she was engulfed in another dimension. 

"She- she disappeared." A knight stuttered

. . .

The Black Cloaked figure was nowhere in sight. The detectors showed that there was no trace of it's presence. As if it weren't there in the first place. Gerwitz reported the incident to the Imperial Palace but it was rejected.

The Emperor refused to even listen to anything regarding to Euphemia. There was even a rumor that it was because the Emperor was frustrated that he couldn't approve of Imperial Princess Euphemia's renouncement.

An order he placed himself. Neredas Kingdom, the Kingdom where Crestbreeze is built at sent out an investigation and asked the Holy Priests to look into the matter as well. 

What was surprising was that her fiancé's were helping in finding to where she has disappeared to. They were flabbergasted when they watched the clip where she just disappeared. But they couldn't stay for long since they were princes and no matter how much they protested, they were forced to go back to Whytemoon.

In the middle of the inspection, Gerwitz went down to the place she was last seen. 

*WOONGG*

They were all startled as they listened to a loud and sudden sound. Ringing in their ears, the ground shook. After a while, it stopped but a bright light shined, almost blinding all of them. 

"I-Is that a-a temple????" One of the Holy Priests gawked.

"..The Holy Tempest's Lost Temple..it's finally have been found." Gerwitz was distracted, not by the Temple but by the dried blood on the rocks.

"She's was here..she was here!" He yelled out in hope.

They respectfully walked in the opened up portal-like entrance to a different land. There stood the Temple, grand and bright as if it was new.

The Temple's door opened slowly, alerting them all. Gerwitz entered first, he treated Euphemia as if she was his daughter. When she disappeared, he worried for her day and night.

Inside the temple was an abundance of fairies but they were all crowded in one area.

"She's here~ The one whom you seek..she's here~" The fairies sang.

Gerwitz along with The Head Commander Knight and the Head Priest neared the place where the fairies were crowding at. They all dispersed and revealed a marble and gold coffin. Hesitantly, the priest lifted the lid. 

 Revealed a stained glass, everything cannot be seen but her hands that were placed crisscross on her chest. The bracelet on her wrists made it easy for them to identify the woman inside the coffin was..Euphemia.

"Princess..Euphemia?" Gerwitz said in almost a whisper.

The Commander immediately cast a spell to examine the body inside the body, "There's no pulse.." 

The Head Priest rushed over and chanted her magic on Euphemia's body, there was indeed no soul living inside.

"..The First Imperial Princess, has passed away." She announced with her head low.

"Y-you mean s-she's..dead?" Gerwitz stared at the Priest, his face turning pale.

"I'm sorry, Gerwitz.." she patted his back. A group of royal knights lifted the coffin up and tried to carry it out of the Temple.

*WONG*

"It won't allow us to bring the coffin out the Temple?" It was as if there was an invisible barrier preventing them from leaving.

They placed the Coffin back and resorted to lifting her out of the coffin.

*WONG*

"What??" This time it would not let them touch her. 

"Stop that or you'll make the Gods of Empyrean mad." A fairy flew in front of the face of the Commander. They could make out that the fairy had bright blonde hair.

"It's a Holy Fairy, how fascinating.." The Holy Priest said astonished at the small floating fairy.

"Holy Fairy?" The Commander questioned.

"Holy Fairies are no ordinary fairies. They are holy beings of Empyrean and are sent here by their liege whom they swore their loyalty to. Though they were only recorded as myths since no one has ever seen them. But now, the mere fact one is here now only supports the myth that the Tempest indeed came onto Enigmatia."

"Tempest Hannelore was real, you humans." Another fairy spoke up, its shining black hair poked out like a sore thumb.

"Don't touch her. Don't even try to move her. You will need to wait. " The blonde holy fairy said.

"Wait? wait for what?" Gerwitz eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

Instead of answering, the Holy Fairies disappeared.

To be Continued . . .