Splinter x reader

Requested by @weirdassmf0

Title: Beards and Eyes

Notes: anytime i write about splinter i imagine him as like in his early or middle 30's. im sorry but i cant write for grandpa yoshi

I groaned from where I was sitting across from Splinter on the floor of the dojo. Opening my eyes, I deadpanned at him as he just continued meditating, probably too deep inside his head to realize that I was no longer with him.

"Great. Why are you so good at everything?" I muttered to myself as I stood up and decided to just walk around the dojo to distract myself while my boyfriend continued to be in his own little world, humming under his breath

Turning around, I made my way to the tree that sat a few feet away from us, putting a gentle hand on the trunk as I looked up, staring at the light that came out of the ceiling, leaving a circle of light that bathed Splinter in a golden halo of brightness. He was beautiful.

With that thought, I gently pushed off the tree and made my way back towards him, kneeling back down in front of him as I continued looking at him. I noticed the way his ears would slightly twitch whenever a sudden sound from his boys hit his ears from where they were in the living room, laughing at something that was probably on the t.v.

"What is the matter, my dear?" I jumped a little at the soft voice that came from in front of me. Splinter still had his eyes closed but was leaning forward, waiting for my response as he relaxed his hands onto his lap.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just thinking, Yoshi." I hummed, sitting criss-cross as his auburn eyes finally opened to look at me. He gave me a quick smile and then stood up, leaning his head side to side as to crack his neck.

"Would you like some tea?" He asked pleasantly and I nodded with a soft grin.

"Of course."

"So, my dear. How have you been doing? Are you practicing your stretches?" I ducked my face into my tea cup, avoiding Splinter's gaze as he stared into my soul.

"Uh, yeah. Of course I am." I nodded furiously, desperately wanting him to believe me. I knew it was futile as he gave me a blank look for another minute before blinking

"I have four sons that sneak out every night to go things they tell me they don't do. I know when someone is lying to me." He gave me a pointed look as he took a sip of tea and I raised my eyebrows and looked away, doing the same.

Splinter was straight up selling out his kids.

"Hey, we tell you stuff!" Suddenly, all four of the boys were standing next to us in a line, pouting angrily. Mikey waved at me and I sent him a smile as Splinter laughed.

"Then why does Donatello have a beard?" I tried so hard not to snort as I finally looked up at the boys and realized that what Yoshi was saying was true. Donnie had a long white beard that reached the middle of his plastron. Mikey's eyes widened and he took a step in front of his brother, whistling innocently.

"Ask us anything else."

"Okay. Why are Leonardo's eyes changing color?"

"We're going out." And with that, the boys were gone, whispering angrily to each other as they tripped over each other to try to get out of the door as fast as possible.

"Well, they were lively." I sent a half-smile to Splinter, who just shook his head at me.

"They are my boys." He reached across the small table and took my hand in his. I immediately hummed at the warm feeling that enveloped my fingers. "And now, they are problem also."

"Ha! I love how I skipped over a baby and went straight to four teenagers." I laughed gently as Splinter chuckled, shaking his head.

"Well, you still have Michelangelo." I laughed out loud and had to cover my mouth from the sacredness that our moment had. I just shook my head at his words as I stood and made my way across the table. I sat next to Splinter and pulled my tea over to me, looking up at him with a closed-mouth smile.

"I love you so much, my dear." Yoshi pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead and I sighed happily, leaning into his touch as we let the silence take us over.

"I love you too, Yoshi."

just a short little splinter x reader for the feel-goods and the warm feelings since itS SO COLD WHERE I LIVE RN IM SO MAD. its cold but its not even snowing so its like 24 degrees outside for NO REASON.

anyways, im coming up with a better aesthetic for my leo x reader textfic that i unpublished cuz i felt like i published it too early and i need some help with it like little things like gifs and font and a little plot issue so if anyone would be so kind as to help me i would be forever grateful!