Chapter 12 Confrontation

Amara went downstairs to the kitchen, made herself a roast beef sandwich, and grabbed some chips and a soda. Amara was walking out of the kitchen when she ran into Jean. Jean scowled at Amara and wouldn't let her leave the kitchen. Amara sighed, “Do you mind? I want to go to my room.”

“I know what you're doing, Stark,” Jean snarled.

“Yes, I'm trying to leave so I can eat my sandwich in peace. Your powers of observation are amazing, Jean. Now, if you'll excuse me.”

Amara, once again, tried to get past Jean, but Jean wouldn't let her, “That's not what I meant, and you know it.”

Amara looked at Jean oddly, “What the hell are you talking about, Grey?”

“You're trying to take what's mine away from me.”

“What?! I would never try to take Scott from you. For some bizarre reason, he's happy with you.”

“I'm not talking about Scott; I'm talking about Logan.”

Amara looked at Jean incredulously, “Have you lost your mind? I don't want Mr. Howlett. I want nothing to do with him.”

“Sure you don't. That's why you're always in the same room with Logan and fawning all over him.” Jean said to Amara.

Amara looked at Jean as if she had grown a second head, “What planet are you living on? I hardly have any contact with the idiot,” Then it suddenly occurred to Amara, and she smirked at Jean, “You're jealous.”

Jean looked at Amara, startled, “I am not.”

“Yes, you are. Before I came here, you thought you were queen bee and could do whatever you wanted and play with Scott and Mr. Howlett's emotions anyway you saw fit. But now, he's no longer interested in you, and you're green with envy. Well, it serves you right that Mr. Howlett's eyes have finally opened to the conniving bitch you are, and he's lost interest. I can't help that he's fixated on me now. I wish he weren't, but he is. I only hope that Scott opens his eyes soon and realizes the same thing before it's too late and he's trapped with you forever. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have papers to grade.”

With that, Amara pushed past Jean and made her way upstairs to her room, leaving Jean seething in the kitchen. Amara rolled her eyes as she climbed the stairs, “Stupid, jealous, bitch,” She mumbled to herself.

“Who's a jealous bitch?” Amara heard someone say behind her.

She turned around and saw that Logan was making his way up the stairs behind her. Amara sighed in frustration, “Your girlfriend, Jean.”

Logan looked at Amara, surprised, “She's not my girlfriend. Shit, I don't even like her.”

“Well, you may want to tell her that. Jean has deluded herself into thinking that you belong to her,” Amara informed Logan.

Logan smirked and followed Amara to her bedroom, “And does that bother you, Amara?”

“Why on Earth would that bother me, Mr. Howlett? Whatever is going on with you and Jean has nothing to do with me unless it affects Scottie. He's the only one I'm concerned about in this whole mess,” Amara pointed out.

Logan's smirk fell off his face; a scowl replaced it. The thought of Amara having feelings for the Boyscout rubbed Logan the wrong way and made him jealous, “You and One Eye seem to be very close,” Logan commented.

“We are, not that it's any of your business, Mr. Howlett.”

The jealousy that Logan felt was getting worse, “Do you and Scott have something going on?”

Amara looked at Logan, stunned, “God no. Scott's like a brother to me. My only interest in him is that of a sister. I only want him to be happy, and for some bizarre reason, Scott thinks he'll find that happiness with Jean,” Amara explained, though she didn't understand why she was explaining that to Logan.

Logan internally sighed. The last thing he needed was competition for Amara's affection; he had a hard time without adding outside interference. Logan was about to say something to Amara when she interrupted him.

“Look, I don't have time for whatever this is. I'm tired, hungry and I have papers to grade. If you're so desperate for conversation, go talk to that bimbo in the kitchen that seems to hang on your every word.”

And with that, Amara left Logan standing on the stairs as she made her way to her room without a second glance. Logan couldn't believe that Amara had brushed him off so effortlessly. He could tell she was angry, but Logan wasn't sure if she was angry with Jean or with him. The only thing he knew was that he needed to get Jean to leave him alone so that he could prove to Amara that she was the only one Logan was interested in.

Logan made his way downstairs when suddenly he was hugged from behind. He knew exactly who it was and closed his eyes, trying to rein in his anger towards Jean.

“Logan, I saw you talking to Stark. I hope now you can see what a bitch she is, and you'll leave her alone and come back to me,” Jean purred in Logan's ear as she ran her hands up and down his chest.

Logan growled and grabbed Jean's hands. He turned around and glared at her with such anger and hatred that Jean backed away from him, “Listen, Red, because I'm only going to tell you this once. Stay the fuck away from me. You don't own me, I'm not your plaything, and I certainly don't want you anymore, alright? I tried to be nice about it, but you've pushed me too far. And another thing, if I ever hear of you bothering Amara again, I will take it up with the Professor, and if he doesn't do something, I will.”

And with that, Logan snarled at Jean and walked off. He grabbed his leather jacket, pulled out a cigar, and headed for the front door. Logan needed to think about how he would get through to Amara and prove to her that he was serious about her and that she could trust him with whatever it was she was running from.

Sorry it was so short, but that's all I could think of.