03.2

[act three; chapter two     -     on the cliffs edge]

Andromeda Storm was a generally smart person, but when Percy closed his eyes out of nowhere; for no apparent reason, she was completely and utterly confused.

"What are you doing, Jackson?" hissed Dr. Thorn. "Keep moving!"

Percy opened his eyes and kept shuffling forward. "It's my shoulder," He lied, trying to sound miserable, which wasn't hard for him, considering he was almost always complaining. "It burns."

"Bah! My poison causes pain. It will not kill you. Walk!"

"It won't kill you." Andromeda mocked under her breath, winking at Nico when he let out a little giggle at her words. His smile was washed from his face as they were shoved forward, the boy shaking from nerves. "It'll be fine, we'll get out of here, okay?"

He nodded, holding onto her tighter.

"You trust me?" He nodded again, his dark eyes full of fear. "Good, me and Percy will figure something out. Maybe my idiot brother will come help. But I promise nothing will happen to you. I've got you."

"I've got you too." Nico whispered back.

Andromeda smiled, "Thanks, buddy. Just stay behind me and do as I say. If I tell you to run, you run. If I tell you to leave us, you do so."

When he nodded she knew he meant it.

Thorn herded them outside, and while Percy kept doing a weird scrunchy thing with his face and closing his eyes, Andromeda focused on the roots that weaved underground, following her every footstep. She concentrated on them and their movements and finally linked her consciousness to theirs; Find Adonis, was her only message. Her brother would know what to do from there.