03.7

[act three; chapter seven     -     mom talks]

The least the Oracle could've done was walk back to the attic by herself...but no. She decided that she was going to drop dead in the middle of the forest at night instead.

Very considerate of her.

Instead, Grover and Percy were elected to carry her. Andromeda, being the amazing friend that she was, was helping guide the two so they didn't, say, accidentally break the Oracle.

"Watch her head!" Grover warned as they went up the stairs.

But it was too late.

Bonk! Percy whacked her mummified face against the trapdoor frame and dust flew. "Ah, man." He grumbled. "Did I break anything?"

"I can't tell," Grover admitted.

They both looked to Andromeda who shrugged, "I don't know. It's hard to tell if anything is different with this thing, you know, with it being I don't even know how old."

They hauled her up and set her on her tripod stool, both of the boys huffing and sweating.

"Alright. Don't be up here longer than we have to," The girl practically shoved the two out of the attic, closing the door behind her. "Ew."

"Well," Grover said, "that was gross."

"What will Chiron do?" Percy asked the satyr.

"I wish I knew." He looked wistfully out the second-floor window at the rolling hills covered in snow. "I want to be out there."

"Searching for Annabeth?"

He had a little trouble focusing on his friends. Then he blushed. "Oh, right. That too. Of course."