Chapter { 25 } : Picnic

Mirabella :

After we agreed on the plan, we decided to make some things for the picnic, well lunch.

We made sandwiches along with fresh fruits and lemonade juice, and we cooked a lot of pasta, because as the boys said, sandwiches aren't enough to stop their hunger.

It was about 11:15am when we finished, and now we were leaving towards the field.

"Bestie walk with me", said Liam as he came beside me, we have been walking for about 20 min now.

He swung his arm on my shoulders, they were all holding something, me?, just my cardigan.

"I swear that boy hasn't taken his eyes off you the while morning", he chuckled.

I shrugged, "it's probably nothing",

"Yeah, keep telling that to your pretty little brain, anyways, how do you feel about, you know, all of this?", he asked.

I know what he means, the whole mafia and princess thing.

"I honestly don't know, I don't mind actually, but....", I trailed on.
"I'm scared", I breathed out.

"Scared of what?", he asked, his voice laced with confusion, and his eyebrows knitted together.

"I'm scared of feeling what I felt before, what if the russians really get me, what will happen then?", I asked.

"Like hell we will let them have you, you do realise you have four mafias behind your back, right, besides you're the mafia princess", he replied.

"And that's what got us in this situation with the Russians right?, me being the only daughter in the mafia community", I said, rather annoyed.

"Yes you're right, but that's also why everyone respects you, it's right that you don't rule over them, but you will someday, that's why they will stand by your side, they don't just respect you, they fear you, they know that it's in your blood", he said.

I stayed quiet.

"So show them, that you deserve it", he continued.

I didn't even realise that we have reached a beautiful hill, or rather field, with beautiful green grass, and flowers here and there, liam ran with the boys.

The problem is that there was this small hill that you should climb down to get where they are, I can jump, but I'm wearing a dress, if I fall I'll scrap my knees.

Someone tapped the back of my shoulder, I turned around to be met by no other than Sebastian.

He was smiling down at me, "need some help?", he said.

Just then I realised how awfully close we are.

I nodded, not trusting my voice to compete with his husky one.

He jumped down, and put the basket he was holding, and stretched his arms towards me.

I was confused for a second till he gripped my waist, and hoisted me from the ground I was standing on to where he was.

We are just a few inches apart now, he's still holding my waist, with my hands on his broad chest.

Damn, he's got muscles.

He looked down at me with a look that I can't recognize, smilled, and did the thing I wasn't expecting.

He kissed my cheek, let go, and lifted the basket once again.

He turned and glanced at me, "let's go", he said as if he didn't just kiss my cheek.

I just stared at him frozen, he smirked and pulled me by my hand.