03.10

[act three; chapter ten     -     the general]

It's a strange feeling, knowing that you're being followed. You know they're there, you know that they know where you are, and suddenly it feels like they're everywhere.

It's suffocating.

The feeling of being watched at all times, not just by the Gods or Fates, but by a force, a person who is less human and more monster, maybe not even monster.

Because deep down, buried beneath all of the bravery and courage and anger, was a scared, lost, little girl who wanted her mother to hold and tell her it would be alright.

Andromeda Storm knew what was happening, even if it went against everything she had trained herself to believe, she knew. She knew that Luke had betrayed them and left camp for someone. She knew Eliza had betrayed their love for someone. And that someone had a name that made every hair on her body stand up, it made her skin crawl, it made her want to disappear because she knew what he wanted and that he would, most likely, get it.

Because she knew who the General was, she knew what he was doing and why, but more specifically, who he was doing it for.

A creature who lived in the shadows, a monster who controlled time itself, someone who she had seen in her dreams all her life.

The type of fear that clawed at her brain was suffocating, making her feel like she couldn't breathe or feel or even exist without danger.

Andromeda Storm had always believed that at the end of the day, she had a Fate that was set in stone and couldn't change.

That she was born to die.

So when the thoughts rushed into her mind like a wild stampede, she didn't hesitate to grab Percy Jackson's hand and pull him out of the room, running not for herself, but for every other demigod and magical creature, and hell, maybe even the Gods.