𝟏𝟔. walker in the well

WHITE FLAG

chapter sixteen : walker in the well
{ season two - episode four }

chapter sixteen : walker in the well{ season two - episode four }

LAST NIGHT, KLOE couldn't see anything of the Greene farm. But now, the sun was high up and was so bright that she could see everything on the farm. She could see all the greenery in the fields, the trees, the forests. The farmhouse seemed bigger than expected. Everything was just so vibrant with life and not death.

Before Kloe went to sleep on the couch in the living room that night, the old man, Hershel, introduced himself and the other members of his family. He told them he had another daughter named Beth and that her boyfriend, Jimmy, was staying with them.

Beth had bright blonde hair and she always kept it tied up in a ponytail slightly to the side. Her boyfriend, Jimmy, had short mousy brown hair, but it was always covered with a farmer's hat. Beth and Jimmy were both sixteen, and they always kept to themselves.

Kloe was thinking all of this while placing many rocks into a wheelbarrow with Maggie, Beth, Jimmy, Glenn, Shane and T-Dog. Her mind had been set elsewhere, but not there. She guessed it was paranoia. It felt strange sleeping somewhere safe and not having to sit there wide awake, worried that a walker would sneak up behind you and grasp onto you with its boney, decaying fingers.

She immediately snapped out her gaze as she heard the sound of a motorcycle revving in the distance. Her head shot up, but no one else was looking.SheI didn't know how, but she remembered her parents always saying that her hearing was one of a kind when she was younger. How could she hear things that others couldn't? It was like she could hear ants crawling across the grass, or someone's eyes blinking.

She knew it was Daryl and possibly a few others, or hopefully the whole group. As the sound of the motorcycle grew closer, she managed to hear the RV's engine too. Maggie, who was beside her, noticed that she was looking off into the distance where the sound was coming from.

She looked confused, but as it got closer, she finally managed to hear it too, and so did everybody else. Kloe could eventually see the three vehicles that were entering the farm's field.

"I'll go get the others," T-Dog stated before jogging towards the farmhouse. The six of them who stayed put made their way over to the front of the farmhouse as the vehicles came to a stop.

They all stood there, waiting for Rick, Lori and T-Dog to exit the house. Just as Kloe thought that, they did, along with Hershel and Patricia. Everyone was now outside in the thick heat.

Dale, Andrea, Carol and Zayn all stepped out of their vehicles as Daryl propped his brother's motorcycle onto the ground. "How is he?" Dale asked, his brows furrowed. If there was anything that Kloe could always see in him, it was his eyebrows. They were always lowered and she was consistently confused by it.