Thirty Eight

•••
Andrews shouldn't have put Will in charge, not with the way he was handling the news. And he knew that, but he still did.

He didn't know how the note got on his desk. He knew it was important when he saw whose seal it was.

Four days prior...

We seem to finally share something. A care for my daughter. She has been taken. I have done my part in locating the people responsible for her kidnapping. Now I'm reaching out, hoping you'll do whatever you need to get her.
An old friend, JP.

"JP?" Carter asks.

"James Pierce." Andrews answers. "Arden's father."

"She didn't leave?" Will's voice pipes up. He had been silent for the past five minutes. Holding the note in his hand, rereading it over and over again.

"You're sure it's not a trap?" Levi questions.

"Yes," Andrews hesitates. "I had some men look into it."

"How long have you had this?" Will's tone is filled with anger.

"Just two days..."

"Two days?" He shouts. "And you didn't mention it earlier."

Andrews sighs, "I was afraid of how you would react."

"How I would react?" He scoffs. "And how would I react?"

"Exactly how you're acting now." Levi cuts in. Will's deadly gaze snaps towards his best friend. As if sensing his allegation, Levi raises his hands. "I didn't know, but acting like this isn't going to help the situation."

Will knew he was right. But he was so angry, so pissed at himself for thinking she would leave. For not trying to after her even if she did.

"So what's the plan?" Gwen speaks for the first time since entering the room.

"We are going to get her back."
•••