House

It had taken me an hour to get back home.

Mainly cause I'd taken the longest route possible, avoiding every shortcut I'd usually take. Easton had offered to drive me but I needed time to plan out what I was even going to say to Hendrix. Was I breaking up with him? Was I asking for a break?

How was I supposed to tell him that I don't love him anymore?

He was the man I'd planned my future with. Exchanged potential baby names with, the man I'd looked at engagement rings with. He was my 2am conversations, my favourite set of lips to kiss. I dragged a hand through my hair, taking a shaky breath as I approached the driveway. I caught his eye through the kitchen windows and saw him grinning, making a sharp exit to the door.

My heart sank to my stomach as guilt consumed me.

This man is completely and utterly in love with you, Trixie. He sacrificed so much for you, went against his parents morals for you, laid his life on the line just to be with you. Don't do anything you'll regret.

She rubbed her temples as she heard the key in the door turning, getting rid of the voice in her head.

The door flew open within a matter of seconds. Hendrix stood ahead of her, his dimpled smile in clear view as both of them stared at each other. Trixie noticed he was wearing a grey pair of sweatpants, no shirt to bring attention to his perfect physique. And on his chest there was a simple silver chain, quite similar to Easton's.

Why the hell was she comparing Easton to Hendrix?

"Hi"

His voice was soft and gentle when he spoke to her. It made her heart melt a little as the corners of her mouth tilted upwards slightly. She didn't realise how much she'd missed that voice.

Before he could say anything she took a step towards him, wrapping her arms around him and burying her face in his chest. She couldn't bring herself to speak real words so instead she wept on his chest, embracing the feeling of his fingers gliding through her hair.

"Trixie I'm sorry" he whispered softly against her hair, the tone of his voice was warm like golden honey. It felt good to be folded in his arms, it felt so good. Almost as if she was home again. His fingers touched her the way a blind person touches braille, slowly reading who she was.

Yet she couldn't shake the feeling that she was hugging a stranger.