Chapter 369: Pete's Sense of Security

“You—”

He dissed Yvonne to the point that she was rendered speechless.

She turned and went upstairs in a huff.

Louis curled his lips disdainfully behind her and said to Lisa, “Don’t bother with her. She’s just spoiled.”

Spoiled?

Lisa bit her lip. “She looks pretty graceful to me, though.”

Louis gnashed his teeth in fury and said, “It’s all an act. I know that woman the best, we grew up together. She does one thing in front of other people and another altogether behind their backs, and is the most hypocritical person ever. She has no blood relation to the Smiths. She’d be nothing at all if Uncle Ian hadn’t adopted her.”

“… Oh,” said Lisa.

After saying that, Louis realized that it wasn’t appropriate for him to badmouth his family to an outsider, so he said, “Just keep waiting here. I’ll go up for now.”

He had a bedroom in the Smiths’ manor. When Louis heard that Yvonne was no longer taking charge at home, he had come back excitedly, hoping to see her down and out.

He had made up his mind—he was going to move back to the Smiths’ from this day on!

In the suburbs of New York.

Tanya was playing games with Pete in the villa. She had specially bought a jigsaw puzzle meant for twelve-year-olds and above, which had a higher level of difficulty, so that she could keep Pete company.

But unexpectedly, a brief two minutes later, Tanya looked at the completed jigsaw puzzle on the floor, and then at Pete, who sighed and said, “It’s too easy.”

Tanya: “…”

She asked tentatively: “Shall I buy you a jigsaw puzzle meant for grown-ups next time?”

“… God-mom, do you like jigsaw puzzles a lot?”

Tanya: “?”

Pete sighed and said, “I’ve already played with you for so long. Can I go and do my Olympiad assignments now?”

Tanya: “!!”

So, to Pete, doing jigsaw puzzles with her was actually a waste of time and energy?!

The corners of Tanya’s lips spasmed. “Go ahead.”

Only then did a satisfied Pete walk over to the desk next to them and take out his Mathematical Olympiad workbook from his schoolbag. Before he started working on the problems, he suddenly looked at Tanya and asked, “Is Mommy really okay?”

Tanya was taken aback.

She had brought Pete back with her after school the day before. Pete had followed her home without saying anything at that time. She’d thought that he wouldn’t ask about it, but unexpectedly, he was actually such a perceptive boy.

Tanya said, “She’ll be fine.”

Pete kept quiet for a while before he asked, “Mommy will come and pick me up, right?”

Tanya: “…”

The way he was asking those questions so seriously and with such a tense look on his face broke Tanya’s heart.

It was only then that Tanya realized that even though Nora had found Pete, and that even though he was sleeping on the same bed as his mother every day these days, Pete was actually still very insecure at heart.