CHAPTER 55

CHAPTER 55

SOLLEL WAS in the center of the raft, not moving an inch, as three balls of flame floated around her. Yes, she was more than ready to attack, but after an hour navigating the marshland, nothing was happening. Thought that didn't bring down Sollel's guard one bit. She believed that something was in the water, and she had to be prepared.

"My lady, are you okay?" Hakken asked, seeing how stiff Sollel was.

Sollel was looking around, checking the marshland's surface. "I'm okay. I just hate this kind of body of water."

Hakken couldn't help smiling, amused. "So, the Mistress of Flame has fears too."

Sollel glared at Hakken, "I don't like things that I can't burn and can escape my flame." Then she turned to Grath, "can we hurry up, Grath? I don't want to spend a night in this marshland."

Everyone could see that the queen hated the marshland, so Grath started rowing fast. Unfortunately, the vibration their raft made in the water as they move fast was awakening the inhabitant of the marshland.

Suddenly, Sollel's felt the raft shook, as if something bumped into it.

"What's that?" Sollel asked as she hurriedly got up and looked at the water.

Zassia who looked calm glanced at Sollel. "We just bumped into some vegetation, teacher."

"No." Sollel shook her head. "That is not vegetation."

Sollel was more than ready to make it rain fire on the marshland when Hakken covered her eyes that were looking up in the sky, summoning her ball of flame. "My lady, you are not doing that. That kind of massive attack will attract the Kingdom's people and monsters alike. And it will also destroy our raft."

Sollel blows a loud breath and carefully pushed Hakken's hand over her eyes away. "What do you want me to do? Something is in the water."

"There's always something in the water, my lady."

Sollel blows a loud breath. "That is not helping at all!"

Hakken smiled and kissed his lady's temple. "We'll be fine, don't worry about—"

Before Hakken could finish his words, they felt a strong force slammed on their raft from under the marshland.

"I told you!" Sollel hissed and bolts of flame immediately appeared on Sollel's palm and fingertips, and Sollel shaped it into a whip. But of course, she also readied her ball of flames behind the clouds. For safety purposes.

The three were just as worried as Sollel, but they couldn't help feeling amused seeing the queen so worked up. It was their first time to see the queen like that. She had always been strong and an epitome of indestructible with her flame, so to see the queen panicking was a new sight to behold for all of them.

However, even though their queen was amusing, they all readied their weapons to fight.

Grath readied his claws. Zassia readied her staff. And Hakken had his new war blades in an instant since his old once were melted by Sollel when they were running from those pesky devouring bugs.

Sollel immediately blessed Hakken's war blades with her normal flame and they all looked at the water quietly, waiting for another attack. No one spoke. No one moved as they waited.

But they were not as ready as they thought there were when the monster living in the marshland finally showed up. It was huge! Four loud gasps were heard and Hakken's rapid orders were heard.

"Grath! Let's row this raft fast! Zassia, distract that fish! My lady! Attack it with your flame!"

With everyone getting orders from Hakken, they were in sync except for Sollel who was looking at the very long and very big slimy black fish.