chapter 25

training wasnt alecs idea.

actually he's against it.

not 100%. but he thinks i need to rest.

no way.

i want to train.

i want to be able to protect myself, protect clary.

and he finally agreed, and we got to train,

but got rudley inturrupted by magnus, sending alec an urgsnt fire message.

i havent actually spoken to him since i dogded all his calls.

so sweaty and out of breath me and alec jogged over to magnus.

after me insisting it was a good work out.

"magnus, I got your fire message. What's the emergency?" alec questions opening the door for me to walk in breathing heavily.

"did you run here?" magnus questions snapping his fingers making a glass of water appear next to me making me nod and grab it sipping it.

"her idea not mine.Are those-"alec mutters looking at the glass jar magnus has in his hand.

" fangus?Yes. Very potent. Good for digestion. "magnus speaks turning around and walking off making me and alec look at each other before following him.

"I'm sorry about the emergency call, but it was the only way to get your attention." magnus speaks simply making ,e frown.

"is that a thing now? lying to get peoples attention cause i wanna have ago" i say smirking leanding against the side as we walk into magnus kitchen.

"no it is not, and im not very exstatic that you havent answered my calls gracie" magnus speaks sitting the jar down making me look away from him.

"shes been having a hard time. were working on it." alec telsl magnus smiling slightly.

magnus just nods back looking at me making me nod too.

"Well, since you're okay,we should probably get back."alec says making me nod.

"can we go train more?" i question sitting the empty cup down going to leave only for magnus to stop both of us.

"I'm not okay... because you're not okay."magnus speaks sighing making me and alec turn and look at hium confused.

"Alexander...gracelynn you've been to hell and back."magnus speaks looking at us his tone dropping to a soft gental tone." And you haven't stopped for a second, taken a moment for yourself." magnus tells us making me look away slightly.

when was the last time i was little...

ummm....

"Magnus, we're in the middle of a war."alec tells him shaking his head making magnus shake his head.

"There will always be a war.a mission, a problem to solve.." magnus replies back simply looking at us." Look, I speak from experience. If you fail to grant time for the things you care about, you'll forget why you're even fighting at all." magnus tells us stepping towards us, looking at her with a small smile on his face.

" What do you have in mind?"alec speaks making me shake my head.

" you two can have fun,. im gonna train."i say going to walk away only for alecs voice to stop me from leaving.

"what is your new obssesion with training?"alec questions crossing his arms looking at me making me shurg.

"i dont know, its taking my mind off things."i mutter looking away from them.