011

You woke up in a field as your vision slowly came to. What happened? Rubbing your eyes, you were met with a blurry figure looking over you. Was that...

"M-Megumi?" You grumbled towards the black haired boy, but he didn't seem to be too receptive of the name. Were you mistaken?

Nevertheless he extended his hand out towards you. "Hey, are you alright?" After looking at you a little more closely, he continued. "You're from Jujutsu Tech, right?"

You weakly nodded. As you regained your senses, you could see the boy more clearly. He had jet black hair, but there was a weird bang in front of his face. He also had black ear extenders. You can safely say you've never met this man in your life.

"You're... you're a student too?" You skimmed your eyes down his uniform, before landing on the iconic spiral button.

"I'm a second year." He introduced himself with a smile. "The name's Suguru Geto, it's nice to meet you!"

"Y/n," you smiled. "Y/n L/n."

"Y/n," he smiled back. "What a pretty name." After he helped you up, the two of you started to walk back to Jujutsu Tech together. "Why were you out here by yourself?"

"I... I don't remember," you admitted, pressing your lips together as you lowered your head. "I was just at Jujutsu Tech, too! Everything's a bit of a blur."

"Well, odd things have been happening recently," Suguru admitted, stretching his arms back behind his head before letting off a soft yawn. "My best friend hasn't turned up for days, so I was just looking for him. But instead I found you."

"Your friend went missing?" Your eyes widened, "I'm so sorry! Is there anything I can do to help?"

Suguru chuckled back. "You're too kind, but I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to do much if even I couldn't find him. Knowing him, he's probably just..." the boy trailed off, realizing it was probably too much information. So he lightly cleared his throat. "...occupying himself."

"I.. I see." You didn't.

You continued the conversation to pass some more time. "Geto-Senpai, how have I never heard of you before? I don't think my other Senpai have mentioned you..."

"Really?" Suguru furrowed his brow. "The white-headed dunce never name dropped me once?"

"Tuna."

Suguru left no comment for your choice of words. He decided it may be best to change the topic altogether. "Y/n-chan, you're in first year right? What's your cursed technique?"

You pressed your lips together akwardly.

"Sore subject?" He sighed. "No worries, I won't pry you for it."

He was so sweet... you couldn't help but blush. "It's not a sore subject, I just don't know..." you tried to explain. "I was raised an orphan so I didn't have anyone help me understand my technique."

Suguru raised his eyebrows before closing his eyes with a soft smile. "I know the feeling. Though I'm not an orphan, I was the only person in my family with cursed energy. Frankly, I didn't understand anything until I came here. It took a while of course, but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out too."

Your eyes glistened after listening to your Senpai's story. So he was like you? "Senpai, what grade sorcerer are you?"

After a momentary hum, he responded. "I'm a special grade."

A special grade! Even stronger than Naoya, and  so young too! If Suguru was this powerful, maybe there was some hope for you in the Jujutsu world after all.