nine

the minute siwoo stepped foot into her house after getting home from school, she practically ran upstairs and into the chair at her small desk

the minute siwoo stepped foot into her house after getting home from school, she practically ran upstairs and into the chair at her small desk. mark watched as she eagerly began typing at her laptop.

"what's the occasion?" he asked, lifting his upper body off her bed.

"i'm supposed to know if i got hired at one of the places i applied for," she replied, not moving her eyes from the screen. "it's a pizza place just a few blocks away. not ideal but, who cares."

mark hummed and nodded as she opened a tab for her emails, clicking on the first one sent just that morning. long story short, she did in fact get the job, and she felt a breath of relief escape her lips along with a fall of her tense shoulders.

"i got it," she said to mark.

the boy smiled and began clapping way too loud. "dude congrats!"

"pizza delivery girl by day, spider-girl by night," she half-joked, the corners of her lips pulling upwards. mark flung his head back in laughter.

"that was good. speaking of, we haven't practiced in a while. should we?"

"tonight? it will be dark by then and i'm supposed to be hanging out with jeno and sohee in a bit." the girl replied, taking a quick look at the time.

mark scrunched his nose in the slightest bit at the response. siwoo hardly spoke about jeno, but whenever she did, mark could sense a change in her energy. he could sense the way her heartrate sped up just the smallest bit whenever she said anything about him.

"isn't that the one you're in love with?" he asked, not in curiosity, just to see if she'd be honest. it was so obvious to him how she felt about jeno.

siwoos slowly turned her head in his direction, her cheeks turning red at the question. a small smirk formed on his lips, one good enough to tell her he was definitely just teasing her. "why? you jealous?" she teased back.

mark scoffed, "i'm literally spider-man. spider. man. i have absolutely nothing to be jealous of."

siwoo laughed, "right. i'm gonna head out now."

"can i come?"

the girl stopped in her tracks as she was about to put her hand on the door knob. "...why?"

"i'm... bored, and, i've been stuck in this house for weeks and i'm starting to get tired of it."

"how am i gonna explain you to them?"

"...we met at summer camp?"

"mark, i didn't go to summer camp."

"i'm a friend from a different school, then." mark crossed his arms with a nod, looking proud of the idea, but siwoo wasn't so fond of it. her friends knew she didn't really have any other friends to begin with, especially from other schools, and they'd for sure get suspicious.