Chapter 9

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Promise
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

I arrived an Hour early before Work, It was 11pm when I did.

The moment I entered the building, a look of shock entered my Face when my eyes saw a very wierd sight.

Monty was standing at the entrance.

He seemed to be waiting for me with a Box of Chocolates and a Pink balloon, I gave him a wierd look as he scoffed.

"They made me do this." he said as I approached him. I held back my laughter as I did, he shoved me his gifts as I greatfully accepted them.

I snort escaped as He glared at me.

"Don't make this any harder than it is Officer" he said as I smiled up at him replied with an "Okie"

He sighed and and then looked at a far corner, I tried to look at where he was looking at when he spoke "Look, I'm sorry for uhm being mean when we just met"

"It's fine, Monty I've already forgiven you yesterday when you handed me that paper" I told him shrugging "It was more than enough"

He stared at me for a second before saying "You're very Considerate"

"Thank you-"

"Your patience is High too, Do you even get mad?" He asked as He puts his hands on his hips.

"Ofcourse I do" I said as if it was obvious "I am human after all, I have my limits"

He was silent for a moment, Contemplating on my answers maybe.

I took it as my que to leave.

"So Monty, Thank you for your effort on apologizing to me but I have to clock-"

"Your Considerate and short with your sentences, You seem to be always calculating with your words" he stated, slowly walking closer to me as I didn't budge.

He stood infront of me at a very short distance, Crossing his arms as he continued "You are Overly Genuine, saying things that'll always catch us Off guard, You put up mental walls around you without other's noticing"

"But I Did" he finished.

He stared me down and asked "What the fuck's wrong with you?" He took another step closer to me as I stood my ground.

"Learning from my mistakes" I calmly said as I smiled at him, he stood silent as I slowly walked around him unbothered.

"I'll see you later Monty! I'll be checking in on you Guys in a bit"

☆☆☆☆☆

I took a piece of chocolate from the box Monty gifted me as I went through the security Camera's, Everything was doing just fine so I didn't have anything to worry about.

The Office is much more quieter alone, I looked down at my Fazwatch to check the time.

1:02am

I looked at the mainstage Camera to see the Anamatronics Moving around, It still amazed me at how technology evolved so quickly.

Its hard to believe that they were programmed to learn and grow, almost life like.

thier walking in thesame building as me ever so freely.

I envy them...

I took another piece of chocolate from the box as I smiled at the taste, I've always liked sweets.