29. Ice Cream

"Suga hooked up with Kuroo's friend."

Bokuto looked over from driving. "What? The cop? That isn't safe."

"No, just a one night stand sort of thing." Akaashi looked to the building they were heading to. "Are you sure I need to be evaluated?"

"You're the one who asked." He parked and leaned over. He kissed Akaashi. "Perfect timing too since I need more blood work to do."

"Did you call Kiri back?"

"I did. She just wanted to see if everything was okay. Still no apology though."

Akaashi stared up at him for a moment.

"Oh, spacing out. Hey there babes."

Akaashi sighed. "I hate spacing out."

"I know, which is why we are getting you checked on." Bokuto kissed his forehead. "Sorry about the other night too by the way."

"I enjoyed it. You seemed to."

"You had my legs shaking. Of course I'm gonna enjoy it."

Akaashi smiled, his cheeks becoming flushed. "Well... I..."

"You're so cute."

They headed inside where Bokuto took him to the right area of the building before heading to get blood work done. He needed his dose adjusted to be a bit more for his testosterone and needed to check for other things.

When he finished he had to wait a while for Akaashi, who was waiting for his results. He seemed a bit nervous, fiddling with his hands.

"Everything okay?"

"Mhmm."

"Are you sure? You're fidgeting a lot."

"Those questions seemed targeted for some reason."

Bokuto sat down with him. "How so?"

"I related to nearly every single one. I haven't been tested like that before and the person tested me was so nice and tried to give me things to hold like I was a child which doesn't make any sense. Was she just trying to be nice?"

"She was trying to be nice, yes. I think that the testing is different for a lot of things so it may have felt off."

"It did feel off." Akaashi huddled up to Bokuto. "Is everything okay with you?"

"Mhmm! Just a little poke." Bokuto kissed Akaashi's cheek. "They're just testing my current testosterone levels to see how much I should be getting."

"Alright."

"Akaashi Keiji?"

"That's you, go on."

Akaashi went over to the woman who had tested him. He came back into the waiting area a few minutes later, silent.

"Is everything good now?"

Akaashi shook his head, pointing to the door.

"Oh, okay. That's okay. Do you want to go home?" When Akaashi nodded hurriedly and started crying Bokuto took his hand and led him outside to the parking lot where they sat in Bokuto's car. Akaashi couldn't stop crying even when Bokuto hugged him, his little sobs shaking his body. "What happened?"

"Y-you we're right! Why did you have to be right?!"

Bokuto held him tighter. "It's okay. Keiji it's alright. This doesn't make you any less, okay? This diagnosis is hard but what if we do something to take your mind off of it?"

Akaashi shook his head. "No sex. Please don't try to have sex with me."

"No, no. Maybe ice cream? We can make sundaes at home and watch movies and chill. How does that sound?"

Akaashi nodded, sniffling.

Bokuto took his face into his hands. He wiped away Akaashi's tears with his thumbs, staring at his shaking hands and flushed cheeks and wet lashes. This was okay. He kissed Akaashi's forehead. "Wanna take some deep breaths with me?"

"Yes please," Akaashi whispered.

Bokuto inhaled deeply. "In."

Akaashi took the deep breath with him, holding Bokuto's hands still.

"Out."

Akaashi blew out, eyes closed. He was instructed to take a few more breaths to calm down all the way.

Bokuto still stared. He was way too invested in Akaashi. The fact that it had been confirmed that Akaashi was autistic hadn't really changed anything. He was still pretty, he was still kind, he was still Akaashi. "Better?"

Akaashi opened his eyes before humming.

Bokuto smiled. "I'm glad. Vanilla is a bit easier for you to eat right? You couldn't really do chocolate or strawberry last time we ate it."

"Vanilla is good."

"Without the vanilla bean bits visible?"

"That looks like dirt. Why would I eat something that looks like it has dirt in it?"

Bokuto gave him a quizzical look. "Dirt?"

"Mhmm."

"Fair enough I guess." Bokuto kissed his cheek. "What do you put on your ice cream?"

"Skittles."

"Ooh." Bokuto eased away from the younger male. "Get buckled, I'm gonna take you shopping."

"Again?"

"Well we gotta get skittles. So yeah!" Bokuto got buckled. He headed out of the parking lot, humming. "Okay so, I really like Strawberry syrup on mine. It's really sweet."

Akaashi sat up in his seat. He had just calmed down and was already feeling off? This was normal but still it felt odd now that he knew the reason why.

"Kashi? You good?"

"Could be better."

"Is there something I need to know?"

"My brain is getting overwhelmed like it does when we tried to watch scary movies."

"You're scared?"

"No, no. Overwhelmed."

Bokuto put out the hand he didn't use to drive with. "Hold my hand, okay? We can just have someone bring the groceries to my apartment."

Akaashi nodded. He hated getting like this. He often had to fight off the feeling when with clients and it would make him feel awful but now it was different. He felt that a lot stronger and freer than before. He didn't like it but it was nice to express how he felt and say what he needed.

Bokuto brought him inside his apartment and they sat in his bed, Bokuto rocking with Akaashi. "This is nice, right?"

"I love rocking so yes." Akaashi held Bokuto's hand to his chest.

"Heartbeat?"

"Mhmm."

"Nice and healthy." Bokuto leaned forward. "Do you wanna kiss?"

Akaashi nodded and kissed him. He was his usual quiet felt and it felt nice. The buzzer rang out and Akaashi startled.

"You okay?"

"Mhmm. That's probably the ice cream."

"You're right. Be right back." Bokuto got up and returned with grocery bags. "Come here cutie."

Akaashi got up and followed Bokuto. They sat on the kitchen floor and decorated bowls of dairy free ice cream with candy and syrup, content with their shared space.