Chapter 9

AN: I just found out not everyone sees a movie like image in their heads when they read. Mind blown.

Elias' POV

It's been 4 days since I last talked to Ryder in the bathroom on Monday.

It's now Friday and I've been avoiding him in the hallways during school all week. In all fairness, he hasn't tried talking to me either since Monday so I didn't really need to avoid him.

I want nothing more than to tell him I'm sorry because I hate this distance we have created. There is no more flirty looking across the hallways or secret glances across the cafeteria. Ryder has even stopped parking his car near Silas'.

But I can't because I'm still angry he told his friends about us when he knew I didn't want people to know.

I know I can't control him, but he could of at least asked me first or warned me! All of Monday, Ryder's beta and delta kept staring at me as if they knew something I didn't. Not only was it fucking annoying but Silas and Kai were even questioning their odd behaviour.

"Yo Elias," Silas says waving a hand in front of my face. "You good bro?"

Kai was looking worried at me directly in front of me at the lunch table. "Yeah I'm good," I tell the two of them, mumbling my apologies.

"What's up with you man?" Kai asks me seriously. "You've been acting weird since Monday."

"Nothing," I defend, making Kai raise his eyebrow at my tone. He quickly puts his arms up in surrender mumbling 'sure' under his breath clearly not believing me.

"Need me to do anything?" Silas asks me calmly not pushing me. I shake my head just wanting them to drop it making Silas nod slowly. The pair continue their conversation thankfully.

Tobias - you're missing him.

Thanks, genius.

Tobias - hey, hey! Don't get pissy at me. I miss him too.

I know, I'm sorry Tobias. I don't mean to keep you from your mate. I know you waiting to meet his wolf properly and I'm keeping you from him.

Tobias - hey, it's okay Elias. Yes, I want to meet his wolf but I'm also upset Ryder told his friends without confirming with us first. God, Tristan will kill me the moment he finds out I'm paired to Ryder's wolf.

I laugh at that, feeling a little better. Thankfully, both Tobias and I have a mutual understanding. We are both nervous about our alphas reaction to our mate and trying to put it off as much as we can.

I just don't want Silas to feel differently about me. He's my best friend, practically my brother. Not only that, but I also live with him and this family. I know his family will probably be fine with it but I can't be certain about Silas or his wolf, Tristan.

Ugh, moon goddess doesn't like to make it easy for me does she.

I feel my phone buzz in the pocket, catching my attention. I pull it out to see a text from an unknown number.

Meet me in my car at the start of the last period. - R

I look up to where Ryder is sitting at his table across the cafeteria to see him talking amongst his friends not paying attention to me. Swallowing down my feelings, I send an 'okay' to him.

I watch him pick up his phone at the message before dropping it again not acknowledging me. I frown at the distance between the two of us emotionally.

*

The bell rings indicating the last period is starting. I swallow my nerves as I close my locker after grabbing my bag, heading toward the parking lot to meet Ryder.

To say I was nervous was an understatement. I was terrified to be alone with Ryder after how we left things the last time we talked. I guess I'm to blame for that since I walked out on him but still. 

I find Ryder's parked car in the parking lot and walk over to it trying to control my breathing. I've missed him so bad. It's not good for mates, especially when unmated to not only fight but distance themselves.

Normally mates would move in together once they found their other half. But Ryder and I can't do that.

Ryder's already sitting in the driver's seat when I hop in next to him. My nose is attacked by his scent which is all over his car. God, I want to touch him so bad.

"Hi," I greet him unsure what to do exactly.

"Text Silas that you're leaving early and that he doesn't need to wait for you," he tells me.

I nod at him, pulling out my phone to text Silas, not wanting to upset him any more than I've already done.

Ryder reaches out once I put the phone away and grabs my hand squeezing it. The action washes most of my nerves away. "I'm sorry for telling them when I knew you didn't want me to," he apologises to me, leaving me shocked.

I shake my head, "I'm sorry for being upset. I know you hate hiding," he nods at that. I bring his hand which was still holding mine up to my mouth kissing it. "I'm sorry for walking out on you and avoiding you."

He then shakes his head in response, "you don't need to apologise for that, I was also avoiding you," he chuckles making me smile a little.

He lets go of my hand so he can start up the car, driving us out of the school parking lot. He grabs my hand again resting our hands in my lap as he drives us away.