YOU'RE STARING AT ME.

octavia stood in front of the rec center, it was her first day and she was already 15 minutes late.

it took a mom taking her child in the building for her to realize how long she was standing there and walk in.

octavia wouldn't consider herself spoiled and naïve but she did come off that way to a lot of people.

when she walked in the building she followed the directions on the paper she got from ms. lightfoot earlier that day.

"hi, im octavia sawyer. i go to coral springs high, and im supposed to be participating in the volunteer program. do you know where im supposed to go?" she asked the lady at the front desk.

"ms. sawyer, yes, the youth area is right down those steps, someone will instruct you when you get down there." she said, "but first, could you stand against that blue wall? we have to take your picture for your pass in and out of the building. and can you hand me your school slip?"

octavia handed over the slip and made sure to make a face at the shade of blue on the wall before standing in front.

**

when she got down the stairs, there was about thirty-five to fourty, 7 year olds scattered at different tables doing homework.

octavia noticed christian sitting at one of the nearby tables with one of the little girls, "if i gave you 5 dollars and," he paused to look around and found her, "and she gave you 6.." he said nodding his head her direction before going on, "how many dollars would you have now?"

he watched in anticipation as the girl counted with her fingers, "11 bucks!" the little girl said enthusiastically waiting for his approval.

he smiled back at her, "that's good stella! that's really good, now try and do the rest without me, yeah?"

christian met octavia where she was at, "what are you doing here?" he asked, observing her name tag.

"what are you doing here?" she asked giving him a once over.

christian rolled his eyes at that, suddenly feeling more comfortable around her since this was his territory after all, "if it wasn't clear, i work here."

"oh." she quirked her eyebrow at him, "well you're supposed to tell me what to do. that's what the lady upstairs said." she said, dramatically.

"how about i just show you around before i start bossing you around, yeah?" christian said holding his hand out as if to say, after you.

**

isabella's pov

i was laying on my side reading a book and trying not to think about the kiss with brandon from earlier. i realized that i was reading the same paragraph over and over again and had no clue what was going on.

i was about to try to read it one more time when my phone rang, "speaking of the devil." i mumbled.

brandon was the last person i needed to speak to right now. i debated not answering but a part of me wanted to speak to him, "hello?"

"ms. taylor, where are you right now?" he asked from the phone.

i positioned myself into a pretzel on my window seat facing away from the window, "home.." i left a beat of silence, "why?"