Part 44: come back

Y/N POV:

I tried to sleep in his embrace but I'm not sleepy at all. I m just tired. I played with the buttons of his shirt for a while then looked up to see what he was doing. I saw him staring at me fondly.

'I thought you were asleep.'

I said to him.

'I m not sleepy. What about you?'

'Me neither.'

'Then I will go and make something to eat.'

He said getting up but I stopped him.

'Don't go. I wanna cuddle.'

I said pouting. He ruffled my hair and said okay. We cuddled for few min then I was hungry. So we both got up and he went down,  me following him. I followed him to the kitchen. He took some ingredients and started cooking a regular basic dish as he can't cook properly yet.

I hugged his waist from back all the time while he was cooking. Then suddenly we heard someone knocking.

'Who may come here?'

I asked confused.

'Maybe jungkook. I will go and check.'

Tae said going to the door. He opened the door and we both were shocked. The king, queen and grandmother along with jungkook came here.

'F-father'.

Tae stuttered in shock. We invited them in and we all sat in the couch. But before going them I went up and changed my clothes bcz they can't see me only in taehyungs hoodie. I changed very fastly and came down joining them. It was an awkward silence for a while. But father has broke it.

'Taehyung ah Im sorry for not believing you.'

He said making us shock. He is apologising?

'We are very sorry Taehyung for not believing you.'

Mother and grandmother said. I looked at Tae and he had tears in his eyes. Guilty was clearly seen in fathers mothers and grandmothers faces.

'Please come back to the palace. The kingdom needs you.'

Father said. I looked at taehyung and he was controlling himself from breaking down. I felt my heart ache. He had to go through so much. He may act like he is fine infront of me but I know he is so broken inside.

Taehyung was silent from their confession. I put my hand on his back caressing him. His body relaxed under my touch. He went and hugged his father and cried on his shoulder. We all cried. We had a sad moment for sometime and after few min of talking and crying taehyung finally agreed to go back to the palace.

'Y/n we are so lucky to have you as our daughter in law. We are very proud of our decision for choosing you as his wife.'

Father said looking at me. I gave him a warm smile.

'After the article and photos which were released no one would stay with him but vou trusted him and supported him. We are so happy that taehyung has you.'

Mother said and hugged me.

'We will get going now. We hope you will come back soon.'

They said getting up but I stopped them.

'Father please have dinner.'

'We don't want to burden you guys. We know you guys are tired after going through so much so it's fine.'

'No father. Don't say that. We will be so happy if you all join us for dinner.'

'Okay.'

They said then I went to kitchen to prepare dinner. But taehyung followed me.