81

Badump...

It all happened so suddenly.

Badump

The erratic beat of his heart, the cold sweat, the immeasurable pain in his whole body like he was being gutted and skinned alive. The feeling that his heart was forcefully pulled out of his chest. But they all still did not compare to the pain of knowing that his wife was gone. Gone. And he had no idea where.

His whole body suddenly was engulfed in black fire and he felt like every bone in his body was broken into pieces from the inside. He screamed and screamed, mostly from his heart break, his frustration, his anger, and the realization that he was not able to save his wife from whatever took her.

Noah did not realize that the black fire started to cover all his skin, molded him into an armor made of black fire that covered all his body, from head to toe. And with his last loud scream, six pairs of huge and terrifying mechanical wings came out of his back.

Not too far away from there, the King of Hell, Lucifer, suddenly stood up from his couch where he was fooling around with a beautiful redhead. He shoved the woman out and he smiled. Then he snapped his fingers and disappeared into thin air.

Xie Lian and Feng Xue looked at the transformation that happened to Noah and Xie Lian knew right away who the sire of this extraordinarily beautiful yet terrifying nephilim was.

"Of course." He laughed bitterly. "Of all the Archangels, his father had to be the most powerful, the most beloved, until his fall from Heaven. 

Lucifer Morningstar. 

And he had a feeling that somehow Luci sensed this transformation and would appear in a heartbeat.

Noah felt that despair had consumed him to the point that he would not care if the world ended right there and then. He just wanted to get Feng Yue back, so he focused his attention on the figure in all white, who fought his mother-in-law. 

With a wave of his hand, the barrier shattered into pieces and he flew towards Mittsu, who didn't notice his presence until it was too late. Wei Wuxian did though, and she dropped her jaw because this was the first time she ever saw some… thing that was so menacing and dangerous, and she took a step back. She was never afraid of anything. Demons, angels, humans, monsters, but this… creature looked so different. It vibrated with anger, and she could see all the biomechanical engineering not unlike her battle suit covered its body from hair to toe, and the six huge mechanical wings? They looked beautiful and deadly. She could see the way the wings moved, like they were alive by themselves, and she also noticed the individual feather-like needles that covered the whole wings. 

She gulped in nervousness.

If this creature was going to run rampant, she doubted that she could handle it and the bitch in white and Jun Wu, all at once.

But then she heard Xie Lian speak in her head. "It's Noah. I think the nephilim genes and the Devourer's dragon have merged and activated. Wait to see who his father is, bet you're gonna be surprised."

"Fuck, is it Luci? I doubt it's just an ordinary angel." Wei Wuxian replied to Xie Lian and she heard the confirmation grunt.

Mittsu finally noticed Wei Wuxian's focus and when she turned around, a big hand grabbed her neck easily and slammed her to the ground. Then before she could take a breath, Noah punched her in the face, breaking her white mask to reveal a face without any special features. Noah caught her throat again and he took her with him to walk toward Jun Wu, who observed him with bright eyes.