The Wedding

SIP

"Ahh, nothing like some warm tea in the morning."
I say to myself as I sip from the teacup once more.

It is a good time to be alone, dining with myself. Eating snacks with delicious cookies, slices of cake, macaroons, and with so much more deserts on the table. It's also a quiet morning because well... I was alone of course. The scenery looked so beautiful that it feels like a dream and I decide to make this place my secret dining hideout for when I wanted to escape reality or just eat alone.

Birds chirping and singing, butterflies fluttering, bees buzzing, flowers just sitting there looking very pretty, the trees swaying, leaves falling in a mesmerizing way - it feels surreal. Like I was in a fantasy realm. To be honest, it feels more like a wonderland. I sigh to myself in complete awe, grabbing myself a cookie that the chocolate chips were generously mixed in. As I nearly took a bite, I sense an uncanny sensation of multiple eyes on me. That's when I realized; that you were reading the dialogue in my mind the entire time! You, yes you. Don't be afraid, I just know you're reading this. Would I dare to call you a mind reader, perhaps? Hehe.

"My, my! We meet again. I see that our paths cross once more, hm?"
I say in surprise, placing down the cookie.
"I must ask, I wonder how you old readers are doing so far. Has life for you been fair? A bit of up and downs? I'd love to know your response."

"However, if you're a new reader, (which I mean you read this after this entire book was edited) welcome! Welcome! You just joined in the fun and I'm so happy you get to experience the journey as a spectator. But, unfortunately, it seems like you came after reading the important announcement, I assume. But, as I said in that announcement, I'm afraid you came at a very wrong time, darling."
I say with a frowning expression and voice.

"However, it is to be expected as I did mention it."
I pour tea into my teacup, dropping two sugar cubes.

"But I'm not quite surprised that you're in disbelief if you skipped the announcements because yes, they can be boring to read sometimes or maybe even often."
I say, stirring the tea with my head propped on my backhand.

"Especially when a book isn't complete and the announcement says,"
I point my teaspoon at you, gesturing.
"'Oh, I'm sorry guys the chapter's gonna be delayed' or 'I'm sorry guys, I haven't had the motivation recently' or 'new chapter's gonna be out in 2 weeks' blah, blah, blah. You get the idea."

I set the teaspoon down on my plate and pick up the cup along with the saucer, gently blowing the steam off of the surface.

"'But then Sylvaine - what was the whole point of giving wedding invitations?' That is a good question, my friend. I'm the narrator and creator of this story after all. As long as it correlates to this book, I can take you to any timeline. Say for the future; I can tell you what happened to Albedo and Sucrose in the future and you'll read it. Or in the past, what happened to their wedding? Was it successful? To answer the question: yes, it was successful."

I sip my tea, almost burning my tongue. I guess it wasn't cooled down enough with my blows. I stand up, dragging my vacant finger across the white sheet table, letting go as it touches the corner.

"But fear not love, for I can tell you the interesting events that happened. Not only will I tell you the chapter of their successful marriage, but I will also tell you about their future. Just let me finish my tea first."

I sip my tea, blowing it as I try to cool it down with my breath. As I finished it, I released a big sigh of relief and relaxation. I can feel the warmth of the tea stream down inside my body which is weird in a way to describe, but boy does it feel nice and cozy. I threw the cup to my back, hearing the sparkling noise as it faded behind me.