6

Don’t Touch Me;

Chen Ming turned over and didn’t move anymore. He was probably asleep, and his chest was steadily heaving.

Zhou Nan stood at the door, wondering, “I don’t need to breathe, but why am I feeling suffocated?”  He rubbed forward, feeling something was clutching his neck. He moved forward again, feeling a little heavy, but the feeling was not intolerable.

It seemed not unusual for Chen Ming to make arrangements in the room to deal with ghosts.

Zhou Nan floated into the room silently. In the small room, he saw many strange props-swords made of wood, paper charms bundled with rubber bands, strange powder in bottles and cans, and dozens of glass bottles on the long table… He just looked and didn’t dare to move them, afraid to experience “BBQ” like the ferocious ghost.

He ended up directly above Chen Ming and looked directly at the young man of his own age.

Zhou Nan suddenly felt that the man was much more pleasant when he was asleep than when he was awake.

There seemed to be nothing wrong with the thinking because he would no longer be ironical, and his slightly opened lips, trembling eyelashes and stretched brows were more pleasing to the eye than the expression that “you owe money to me”.

The thought and action showed some vague affection, but all was understandable.

Zhou Nan was gay and had come out of the closet. His families were very not understanding and they even kept their distance from him. His father passed away long ago. There was only the stepmother and two step-sisters at home. As an adult, he had no reason to stay, so he no longer kept touch with them and intended to leave the city and passed through the cold alley.

His Adam’s apple moved. He didn’t want to stoop so low as the old ghosts in novels, nor did he dare to do so. He just wanted to watch quietly for a while.

Zhou Nan didn’t know why he was attracted by Chen Ming. Perhaps the man was the first person he had met after he died. Or perhaps the man was fearless sometimes and gave in to the temptation of money sometimes.

He found it more appropriate to explain with curiosity than admiration. After all, loving at first sight was too rare. He had been yelled at so many times, and he was not a masochist.

Zhou Nan looked down and fixed his eyes on Chen Ming’s chest. The buttons were not all fastened. Part of the red tattoo was revealed. He bowed and wanted to take a closer look, but no matter how he changed his position, his sight was blocked by the clothes.

Finally, he gathered the courage and reached out to pull Chen Ming’s collar. He moved very very slowly. His hands began to shake before he touched the collar.

Suddenly, he was caught by the wrist. Zhou Nan almost jumped to the roof like a frightened cat.

He lowered his head and found Chen Ming staring angrily at him, with a charm in the palm, “I told you not to touch me!”

This was the second time he had said so.

“I…” Zhou Nan pulled back his hand. He forgot that he had offended Chen Ming first, so he lost his temper and asked, “Do you hate me so much? Because I’m a ghost? Something dirty?”

Chen Ming froze. He was confused and frowned. Then he might have figured it out and raised the corners of his mouth as if he was smiling.

“What are you laughing at?” Zhou Nan was still angry and wanted to scold him.

Chen Ming raised his hand and unbuttoned his shirt, revealing his strong chest and muscular belly. However, Zhou Nan was not in the mood to appreciate his figure but focused on the red tattoo.

It was like a totem or a charm wrapped around the chest, so eyecatching against the fair skin in the moonlight.

When Chen Ming deliberately showed it to him, Zhou Nan was a little awkward, thinking that his thought had been seen through. So he no longer hid it, “I was just curious…”

“This was made with cinnabar. It has the effect of avoiding ghosts.” Chen Ming lowered his gaze, “When ordinary ghosts meet me, their spirits will be gone. Of course, you are also included.”

Zhou Nan half opened his mouth, knowing that he had been reckless. He wanted to apologize.

“Don’t say those words any more. I’m tired of listening.”

So he shut up and watched Chen Ming get dressed again.

“How shall I punish you now that you have disturbed my sleep? Hmm?” Chen Ming leaned his head on his hand, wide awake now.

Apart from the apology, Zhou Nan didn’t know what to say.

“Tell me a story. For example, why did you go to that alley in the middle of the night?”