67 | coffee-flavored

SIXTY-SEVEN. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

ymari went home with a mission that day.

she locked her front door and made her way upstairs. she changed into her home clothes, which consisted of a white camisole, a pair of peach shorts with small white heart patterns, and her trusty slides.

she tied her hair up into a tight bun, securing it with a black hair tie. she looked at her reflection in the mirror before going downstairs with her wallet and keys to do whatever she had to do before she began her actual mission.

she opened the front door, locking it behind her as she exited the house. she wore her outside slippers, exited and locked the gate, and then began her trek outside.

her travel going to sakanoshita's was quick. she had a house filled to the brim with grocery, however, she estimates that she's going to have to buy a few things to get her way.

she opened the door, the bell making a distinct ring to notify the owner that someone had just entered.

she spotted the familiar man who she's talked to several times during the past few months. she didn't have any other adult figure who was around, so she figures he would do when it comes to the information she wants to find out.

she grabbed a random item off the shelf and made her way over to the cashier booth. she put it on the counter and looked up at ukai.

"ukai-san, what does a girlfriend do?" she asked, blinking.

the man looked taken aback at the question, as much as he was surprised that the kid he saw enter was already at the register.

he looked at the item on the counter and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"kid, what the fuck are you doing buying condoms?"

the girl only then took notice of what she got. a box of starex condoms, chocolate flavored.

"oh, sorry. i just wanted to buy something so i can get advice from you." she put it back the shelf and took something else.

she dropped it onto the counter.

ukai sweatdropped, "they're still condoms, kid."

"what? it's coffee flavored." she shrugged.

the man just sighed and put the condoms away. "what'd you come here for?"

"it's obviously not food cos' your aunt just bought half of my grocery's inventory to fill your cupboards before she left."

"you knew she was leaving?" she blinked at him.

"hah? you didn't?" ukai sweatdropped. "so what did you come here for?"

"i asked you earlier already." she shrugged. "what does a girlfriend do?"

ukai blinked, remembering the question from earlier, before sighing when the girl pulled the condoms back into the counter. "you're twelve."

he put the box of condoms away again.

"did sana not teach you anything about the birds and the—"

"no but she did tell me about the rabbit and the dog." the girl cut him off.

"what?"

"hmm." the girl just hummed. "so, do you know what a girlfriend does, or did you just not get any?"

"i—" ukai blinked, frustration flooding his features. "stop coming at me like that!"

she just sighed, crouching down and then sitting on the cold tiled floors of the market. "come on old man, help me out here."