𝑋𝑉𝐼𝐼 - 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀

𝐶ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑂𝑓 𝑌𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒- 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
𝙎𝙤𝙣𝙜- 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙞𝙨𝙥 𝙎𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨, 𝘽𝙮 𝙒𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝘼𝙞𝙙.
☽☽————- ★ ————-☾☾

✷        ·   ˚ *

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

"𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀"

✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

   ✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

ASTRIA REGULUS BLACK climbed the old stairs towards the Gryffindor common room, Neville, Ginny, and Ace accompanying them. Her friends had gotten back from Hogsmeade a few hours before, promptly asking her about her friendship with Harry Potter. Which she ignored, and still was ignoring.

      "Come on Astria, will you tell us anything," Ginny grumbled, fixing the crystal moon pendant around her neck, the same one she was gifted by Luna.

      Astria rolled her soft eyes, "There's really nothing to tell," probably a lie. She told herself, but she was also telling herself it wasn't, and that there actually wasn't anything to tell. Which was a solid case of denial. But she also decided to deny that, and deny that she was denying that.

     Whatever that meant.

    Ace, who was simply here to hang out with them (mhm, Neville), sent her a look,  "But we saw-,"

    "Wait," Astria stopped the group, unlinking her arm from Neville's and walking up to the painting that acted as a door for the common room. After climbing up the last flights of stairs with her friends running after her, she could see what had caught her eye from a ways away much better now.

     The portrait had been slashed, extensively.

    She brought a delicate hand up to the tear, running her hand across it. The material ran along her rings, the cuts were sharp but smooth. Too precise for anger, or hands to have torn at it. This was deliberate, quick, and efficient. Like it had been cut with a knife, blade or-

    claws.

   The fat lady was nowhere to be seen, most likely hiding away in another painting, Astria stood back a little, looking around. It only took her until her friends caught up to see her trembling in another painting, with tall grasses and rocks all around her. She looked terrified and was shaking all over. And Astria wished she hadn't kept thinking when it hit her, who would do this.