Chapter 371: I'll Be Right There!

Nora was surprised to hear that. She looked around and asked, “Where is she?”

Lucy replied, “… Because you didn’t wake up, she has left again. She said that she’ll come over and visit you again either today or tomorrow.”

It was the next morning, so Lisa had already left a long time ago.

She nodded. “Okay.”

She then sent a text message to Lisa and asked her to come over in the evening.

Lisa, however, didn’t agree right away. Instead, she asked: ‘Um, will Louis be there tonight?’

Nora: “?”

She looked around and asked, “Is Louis home?”

Lucy replied, “He went out early in the morning. Do you need him for something, Ms. Nora?”

“No.” Nora thought for a while and asked, “Will he be home in the afternoon?”

Lucy replied, “Most likely not.”

“Okay.”

Nora sent Lisa a reply: ‘No, he won’t.’

Lisa seemed relieved. She wrote: ‘Okay. See you tonight, Nora.’

Nora: “…”

She was just asleep for a night, but it seemed like some incredible things had happened?

Why was one asking her to pick up Joel and the other avoiding Louis as if she was scared of something?

She looked at Lucy hesitantly but didn’t ask anything in the end. She went straight downstairs and drove to the villa in the suburbs.

As soon as she arrived, she saw Tanya, pulling a long face at the door. At the sight of her, she said with a livid look on her face, “You sure came really quick.”

Nora yawned. “Yeah, I didn’t even have breakfast.”

The corners of Tanya’s lips spasmed. “Should you have breakfast and take a nap before you come, then?”

Nora laughed. “That works, too.”

“…”

Tanya took a deep breath, turned, and led her into the house.

Inside, Joel was lying on the sofa and reading a magazine comfortably. Next to him, Pete was practicing his Mathematical Olympiad problems. Occasionally, when he encountered something he wasn’t sure about, he would ask Joel, who would then slowly explain it to him.

When Tanya first came in and saw how the two of them got along, there was a moment where she had the illusion that they were a family…

If… if her child were by her side, would they also live so blissfully like a family?

As soon as the thought formed, Tanya immediately discarded it. She said, “I’ve found you a chauffeur.”

Joel and Pete looked at Nora in unison.

Pete’s eyes lit up at once.

Joel also nodded gently.

Tanya continued. “You’ve already taken the medicine, ate something, and even slept here and rested enough. Now that I’ve even found a chauffeur for you, surely you can go?”

Joel got up, his face still a little pale.

He was still holding his abdomen, but his smile was a little more genuine than usual. His fox-like eyes were full of warmth and a doting look as he said, “Yeah.”