Chapter 372: Choosing Clothes

Pete went upstairs to read. Nora sat on the sofa in the living room.

Lisa wasn’t here yet, but she instead saw Lucy, the housekeeper, coming in with someone who looked like some kind of manager. Lucy said, “Great timing, Ms. Nora. They’ve brought the new season’s clothes over, so you can pick some for yourself.”

As a top-class wealthy family, the Smiths ordered custom-made clothes every season. Of course, as a daughter of the Smiths, if she wanted to buy more clothes herself, then that would be a separate matter.

Representatives from high-end custom brands came to the Smiths every season to let them pick what they wanted from the designer styles. Behind the manager were a few service staff members. Each of them was holding fabric samples for the clothes, as well as a thick magazine featuring various styles of clothing for the ladies of the Smiths to choose from.

When the manager saw Nora, he immediately respectfully handed over the magazine he was holding and said, “Please have a look first, Ms. Smith.”

Lucy said, “I’ll go and notify Ms. Yvonne and Mdm. Maureen.”

They were the only other young women living in the manor. From Quentin, the third son, all the way to Louis, the sixth son, none of them were married yet. Previously, when Hillary, Mia’s mother, was still living with the Smiths, she would also come over to pick clothes from the catalog.

However, now that Joel had driven her out, there was one fewer person in the family that was part of the process.

When Yvonne was going downstairs after being notified, she paused slightly and stood on the spiral staircase when she saw Nora and Maureen, who were seated in the living room.

She narrowed her eyes and looked at Lucy.

When they were choosing clothes in the past, Florence would never ask her to go downstairs. She would always take the manager straight to her room and let her have her pick first. It was only after she’d had her pick that she would then let Maureen and Hillary choose from the remaining styles.

Yet, not only was Lucy asking her to go downstairs now, but she was actually even allowing Nora and Maureen to choose ahead of her?!

Yvonne became even more furious.

She felt especially angry when she saw how Maureen and Nora were huddled together and looking at the magazine like close girlfriends. The intimacy between the two of them was completely different from how they treated her.

Yvonne lowered her gaze and suddenly sneered.

She went downstairs and sat on the one-seater sofa at the side.

The manager immediately presented another magazine to her.

Yvonne listened to the other two women’s conversations while she looked at her own magazine. Maureen said, “This red dress is gorgeous! And it even makes one look tall and slim!”

“…Oh,” Nora said.

Yvonne flipped to the section featuring this season’s red dresses when she heard her.

Red was too orthodox a color, so there were generally relatively fewer designs every season.

Additionally, after so many years, Yvonne had already come to know since a long time ago that Maureen favored red clothes.

In the past, she would always deliberately pick the attractive red designs first, and leave two unattractive designs for Maureen, despite the fact that red didn’t actually suit her.

She had done that just to let Maureen know who the noblest woman in the family was.

But now…

Yvonne suddenly pointed to the magazine and remarked, “Nora, this red dress suits you really well!”