Chapter 374: The Villain Slings An Accusation First?

Cord blood?

Nora was slightly taken aback to hear that. She said, “My cord blood is still around?”

Lisa nodded. “Yes. Mom says that back then, when Aunt Yvette… when your mom gave birth to you, she had insisted on banking your cord blood. To be honest, this wasn’t a popular practice in the country at that time and wasn’t widely promoted in hospitals, either, so it was very expensive. However, she was very stubborn about it and said that you would need it in the future. Mom had said that you definitely won’t, so she mustn’t say that…”

Lisa had also been a little surprised when she heard about it from Irene.

Banking cord blood was just a sort of insurance. Nobody would wish for it to come into use.

After all, once one needed it, it would mean that they had blood disorders.

So, how could Nora’s mother say such a thing back then?

While she was thinking about it, she saw Nora’s eyes brighten. The woman’s lips slowly curled into a smile and she said, “What a coincidence. I just so happen to need it.”

Lisa: “?”

She was stunned. Suddenly, her eyes reddened and she said, “Nora, could it be that you… you…”

No wonder Nora had lost so much weight and was always so lethargic. On top of that, she wasn’t in good spirits and was so pale that it looked as if all the blood had drained from her face. Did she have a blood disorder?

While her imagination was running wild, Nora said, “I’m not sick. I just need it for something, that’s all.”

Lisa: “??”

Before she could figure it out, Nora had already picked up her cell phone and called Lily. She asked, “Where are you?”

Lily replied, “I’m arranging your operation schedule. There are a few that I can do, so I’ve fended them off for you. What’s up?”

Nora said, “… Find some time to go to California. Go to the hospital and take my cord blood from the cord blood bank, and then do another DNA test.”

“?? You actually still have your cord blood? My god, your mother is so amazing. Did she expect that you’ll need it?”

Nora narrowed her eyes. “Perhaps.”

Otherwise, why would Yvette insist on banking her cord blood back then?

These days, she kept feeling like there was a purpose behind all her mother’s arrangements.

She couldn’t help but think of what Morris had said in the police station. Was her mother really involved with the so-called ‘mysterious organization’? And even participated in their human experiments?

The look in Nora’s eyes turned a little cold at the thought, and even her tone became a little impatient. She said, “Go as soon as you can.”

Lily, who heard the change in her emotions, was so scared that she didn’t dare to say any more. She immediately replied respectfully, “Okay, I will leave for California right away. I’ll be able to produce the newest DNA test results by tomorrow at the latest.”

“Okay.”

Nora hung up. She rubbed her temples and suppressed her irritability. Then, she looked at Lisa. She was about to speak when a voice suddenly reached them.

“Nora! You’re awake? Oh, Nora’s little cousin! You’re here again!”

She and Lisa turned in unison to see Louis walking in from outside.