Chapter 379: immediate family!!!

Facing everyone’s criticisms, Joel’s attitude remained indifferent.

These people were originally the backbone of Smith Corporation and were Ian’s most capable subordinates. They had all seen Ian’s depressed state because of Yvette.

Everyone hated Yvette to the core.

Therefore, when he first found out that Nora was his cousin, Joel had to ask Ian for permission before he could go and fetch her.

Joel said slowly, “Uncles, it was Uncle Ian who made the decision to bring Nora home. He even went to the Hunts’ banquet personally. I’m sure you all know about this, right? Are you planning to disregard Uncle Ian’s orders?”

His words silenced those people.

Joel knew that they were only there to stand up for Yvonne. These people were actually very reasonable people. He said sincerely, “Think about it. If Uncle Ian was still awake, would he have allowed Yvonne to do such a thing?”

Would he?

Of course not!

Ian was a very charming person. Otherwise, he would not have let so many of them follow him his entire life.

When those people stopped talking, Granduncle said, “Hmph, you’re full of righteousness and morals. In the end, isn’t it all because you’re not Ian’s biological son? I think you’re the one who instigated him to acknowledge her so that he would be angered to death. You completely control the Smiths, right? But don’t go overboard! Joel, your uncle isn’t dead yet!”

Joel couldn’t be bothered with him, but he looked at the core members of the company and said, “I’m indeed not Uncle Ian’s biological son. But don’t forget that I’m still his nephew at the very least. But this woman… is not related to Uncle Ian by blood at all. I’m sure you all know who is closer to Uncle Ian!”

With a few words, Joel shifted the conflict.

They looked at each other and fell silent.

Yes, when they heard that Miss Yvonne had been bullied, they thought about how good Ian used to be and stood up for her. However, Joel’s words were true!

The corridor suddenly fell silent.

At this moment, another set of footsteps could be heard. Everyone turned their heads and saw Nora, who was being discussed by everyone, walking over with hurried footsteps. She did not care about the people sizing her up at all and walked straight to Joel. She looked at the operating theater and her gaze was a little complicated. “…How is he now?”

Treating Ian was the most important matter. How could Joel have the time to bicker with these people?

He directly pulled Nora aside and frowned. “This… I need you to take a look and see if Uncle Ian can still be saved!”

Nora nodded. “Give me the medical records and all of his CT scans!”

She was very confident when she spoke. “My assistant, Lily, is already on the way. Everything regarding him… send them to me!”

Joel had originally called Nora over to let her treat his illness.

However, he did not expect Nora’s attitude to be so strong. She immediately wanted to take charge of Uncle Ian’s treatment?

He frowned and was about to speak when Yvonne’s sharp voice sounded. “Joel, you plan to let Nora treat Dad? That’s not possible!”

Her words made Joel frown tightly. “Why not?”

Of course, it was because if Ian woke up, he would definitely pursue the matter!

Yvonne knew Ian’s character like the back of her hand. She knew very well what would happen to her if he was treated!

When they came to the hospital, they had already found out that Ian might not wake up this time. At this moment, of course, they could not let the miracle doctor, Anti, be involved!

Thinking about this, Yvonne took a step forth and accused, “Because she’s from the Andersons. Joel, are you going against Dad’s wishes?”

Joel: “??”

He frowned. “What nonsense are you talking about here?!”

Yvonne immediately said, “Joel, don’t think I don’t know! The medicine I’ve been taking lately is not any good medicine from Myers Peace Pharmacy! It’s just a replacement Carefree Pill! But you don’t dare to tell the truth because you know that Daddy has never taken Harmonia Pharmacy’s medicine!”

She said firmly, “All these years, Dad has hated the Andersons to the core. Joel, you know that, right? Even if he died, he would not take the Andersons’ medicine. Now, you actually let Nora treat him? Even if he was saved, he would be angered to death by you!”

Joel narrowed his eyes.

The Smiths knew that Ian did not take Harmonia Pharmacy’s medicine.

Everyone said that he didn’t eat them because he hated Yvette.

However, Joel felt that Uncle Ian was afraid that experiencing the familiar taste would cause sadness.

As for the final stage, Uncle Ian had always been unwilling to take Harmonia Pharmacy’s Carefree Pill. It was not because he had a problem with it, but because he really did not want to live anymore.

If Uncle Ian had not met a small-time broadcaster on the Internet, he would not have taken the Myerses medicine again.

He did not expect Yvonne to interpret his actions this way…

He narrowed his eyes. “Nora is not from the Andersons. Her surname is Smith.”

Yvonne said forcefully, “Her surname isn’t important. What’s important is that her mother is Yvette Anderson!”

Yvonne sighed, “Joel, Daddy is already very weak. Do you really have to humiliate him like this?!”

Humiliate?

Joel clenched his jaw. “I’m just saving Uncle Ian’s life! I believe Nora has the same thoughts.”

After saying this, he said to Nora forcefully, “Go and see the medical records first.”

Nora raised her eyebrows. She was in a hurry to save him and did not care about the rest. However, just as she was about to enter the ward, Yvonne rushed over and blocked the door. “You can’t go in!”

She looked at Joel angrily. “The person Daddy hates the most is Yvette. How can Nora appear in Dad’s ward? Are you trying to make Dad leave faster? I don’t agree!”

With that, she turned to look at Granduncle.

Granduncle immediately coughed. “It seems that in the last stage of the patient’s life, if we agree not to resuscitate him, the signature on the agreement must be signed by his immediate family. Joel, the decision to let her save your uncle is in the hands of Yvonne! After all, she is Ian’s legal daughter!”

Yvonne nodded. “Joel, if you insist on humiliating Daddy, don’t blame me for being rude. I’m going to call the police!”

Joel frowned and was about to force this group of people out of the hospital when he heard Nora’s light words. “Who said you’re his immediate family?”

As soon as she said this, everyone looked at her, not understanding what she meant for a moment.