39. Quasi-Immortal.

Carlisle and Jack arrived in the Cullens Residence after they had finished their business in the hospital.

''I will go check out Jane and Felix. It is time to escort them out of Forks,'' Carlisle said.

''Need help?'' Jack asked.

Carlisle shook his head and exited the car, ''I am sure we can handle them just fine.''

Jack nodded and watched as Carlisle entered the house.

'If I can become truly immortal by consuming souls of vampires... Should I start hunting them down more efficiently? I am sure there are many who has shed blood of innocent. While they can stay hidden from Volturi's radar, they can't hide from Ghost Rider!'

A small golden flame flickered on his pupils until it disappeared once again.

Jack put his hands on his pockets and started walking in the stone path which leads to his and Alice's home.

While he was walking, two figures were running with superspeed towards Cullens Residence.

They were Emmett and Jasper.

They nodded but didn't stop running. They must have been informed that Carlisle had returned, and it was time to escort the Volturi out of the Forks.

Jack only saw a blur, and they were already gone. His strength has improved by miles, but his speed is still lacking, but his durability is also strengthened by a great deal. Who knows how many times his bones would have broken when he was wrestling with Alice on the bed.

Soon, he arrived at his and Alice's house. The wall next to the front door was somewhat fixed, but it definitely needs to be painted since it looks quite crude compared to the rest of the beautiful house.

Jack looked at the destroyed bike with a pained expression. He touched the broken handlebar and said, ''I will fix you soon, wait for a little bit longer.''

The tired started smoking slightly. It was like the motorcycle was excited.

Jack felt even anger towards Felix. He wanted to go to the basement where he was hiding and break his spine.

He still doesn't know what Volturi is capable of doing since they have been able to rule the world for thousands of years. Killing them can't be simple.

''A-Ah, hey.'' He suddenly heard a shy noise coming from the front door.

He turned his head and saw Bella fidgeting, ''Hello.''

Bella bit her lip and decided to ask, ''What really happened here?''

''We decided to reconstruct the building, nothing more,'' Jack replied with a quick lie.

Bella crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes, ''Edward said that you guys had a party, and it went out of control.''

Jack sighed and started walking towards the front door, ''If they don't want to tell you yet, there must be a reason.''

When he was about to enter the house, Bella grabbed his sleeve and asked, ''Was it... Supernatural related?''

''You already know,'' Jack replied and entered the house while Bella let go of his sleeve.

'What really happened...' Bella looked around the yard and saw footprints in the ground, but they were made of ashes.

'He did the transformation... Something serious must have happened.' Bella was sure of it.

While Bella was doing her detective work, Jack entered the living room.

He saw Alice and Esme sitting on a couch which looked completely new.

Jack looked around the house and saw most of the stuff being replaced, but there were still some signs of battle left.

''Jacky!'' Alice cheerfully shouted. She hopped towards Jack and locked her smooth pink lips with Jack's.

Jack put his hands on her butt and squeezed.

''Ah!'' She moaned lightly and punched playfully at his chest, ''Dummy, we aren't alone!''

Jack put his head on her shoulder and looked at Esme, who was smiling gently.

''How was the trip? Did you two find out what is happening inside your body?'' Esme asked with a smile.

''We did...'' Jack replied.

Edward and Rosalie appeared in the living room.

''Is it good or bad?'' Esme asked.

Alice looked at Jack's face and waited for his words with a nervous look.

''Good.'' Jack replied, ''Excellent even.''

''Well, what is it?'' Alice asked curiously.

''It seems... I am kind of immortal.'' Jack replied.

Everyone in the house was silent, even Bella after she entered the house and heard his words.

''C-Can you repeat it?'' Alice thought she misheard it.

''I am kind of immortal like I have 200 years of lifespan, but it can be much more,'' Jack said and sat down on the chair while letting others comprehend what he just said.

''Y-You are not joking, right?'' Alice shakily appeared in front of Jack. Her face looked like a mountain was lifted off from her shoulders.

Jack smiled and nodded, ''It seems that consuming souls of vampires makes my lifespan longer.'' He sighed and scratched his head.

Now that he said it aloud, even he felt like it sounded too good to be real.

Alice hugged his body tightly, completely forgot of controlling her strength, ''That's great news!''

Esme gently clapped, ''That's excellent.''

Bella gasped out of shock, and now she felt like Jack was not much different from Cullens. He is kind of immortal and also stronger than any human could ever dream of being.

Alice sat on Jack's lap and started whispering, ''I guess we will be together for a very long time.''

''Did you have any doubts?'' Jack asked with a raised eyebrow.

Alice sighed, ''I have met people who have rejected being vampire... Even though it can grant them eternal life, so I-I thought that maybe you wouldn't be willing to.''

Jack put his hand on her stomach and rubbed it gently, ''I was ready to be vampire, so I can be with you.''

''R-Really?'' Alice asked with a shocked look.

Jack nodded, ''I was not sure how it would work with my Ghost Rider powers, but I was ready.''

Alice kissed his cheek and hugged his body tightly.

She has always felt like she can't offer Jack enough. They are mates, but Jack gave her safety and warmth, while Alice always felt like she was a burden and couldn't offer anything.

Eternity is a long time, and she wasn't sure if Jack was willing to live his whole life as a being who cannot feel warmth or the pleasure of human food.

But, his quasi-immorality solved a lot of things.

Jack looked at the ceiling while feeling Alice's hard and solid body hugging him. For some, it could feel uncomfortable, but it is the greatest feeling in the world for him.

'I need to increase my lifespan... I can't touch the Volturi yet, I can't risk the lives of Alice and others, but there are few who need to feel the Vengeance...'

'I wonder where Victoria is... She managed to escape me once. She cannot do it twice!'