Everything went bad

Y/n pov:

My breath hitched as i thought about it.
Kazuha lied.

I looked over at Xiao, he looked out over the balcony.

His expression was calm.
And if you only looked at his face, you would think that he wasn't bothered by anything at all.
But...

As i looked down to his arms, one of them had his mask clenched tightly, as if it would break any moment. His other hand, had grabbed the wrist of the hand he held his mask with, to stop himself from putting the mask on and going to Guyun Stone Forest right now and do something unforgiveable.

Xiao pov:

I recalled the moment I saw it happen.

Flashback

I was at the top of the mountain, looking down.
I knew Y/n would drink a few, more than I told her too. So I went to see if everything was okay.

I stood there and saw her talking to the captain of the ship. I could sense that she was a little gone.
Though, it seems as if everything went okay, she wasn't hurt and no one really bothered her. She also seemed as if she had fun, so I was about to leave.

That's when I saw him. He walked up to her and sat on top of the table next to her.

I could see her eyelids closing. That's when I knew she was about to pass out. I was going to go down and get her...

She passed out, and leaned on his shoulder.

His heartbeat picked up.

He leaned in.

My fists clenched and I felt my own breath getting unstable. I could feel my blood boil. If expressions could kill, he'd be dead that moment. My vision blurred and everything I could see was him, sitting there like the easiest thing to kill.

He kissed her.

I grabbed the handle of my spear and summoned my mask in my hand. And then...

She pushed him away.

My breath stabilized again.
And I slowly let go of my weapon.
My mask went away and I looked at her confused face.

She had tears in her eyes. After saying a few things she turned into a fox and dashed away from the ship.

End of flashback

I tried my best to hold myself back. Mentally and physically. I bit the inside of my cheek so I wouldn't say anything bad either. I did my best to shut up.

If I didn't hold myself back at all I know what I would have done. That boy is lucky, I'm not the guy I used to be. Kaedehara Kazuha is a young boy. He's simply lived a few years, he's a mortal. They do mistakes as well, and they have regrets too.

If I still was Alatus, it wouldn't have mattered if she pushed him away.
It wouldn't have mattered if he was a human.
It wouldn't have mattered if he regretted what he did.

He would have been dead right away.

But I'm not him anymore. I'm Xiao. And I need her to see me as Xiao, no one else.