New Message

{Jungkook's POV}

"Hyung! Namjoon!" I was yelling, walking around the dorm trying to find Namjoon. "Quit yelling dummy!" Jimin shouts at me, turning up the tv. I must have interrupted his movie. He was rewatching 'Parasite.' He loved that movie too much.

Finally, I discover Namjoon sitting in one of our studies, he has his earbuds in and is reading that 'Midnight Library' book. I was always so envious about how my hyungs could sit and read like that, for hours. It wasn't out of the ordinary for Namjoon to read an entire book in a day. The commitment was astounding to me. I could never sit still that long.

I tap Namjoon on the shoulder and he swivels his chair around, he sees it's me and takes out his earbuds. "What is it Jungkook?" I fidget with my fingers, I hated asking for help. I hated bothering my hyungs. Of course, they never acted like it was a bother.

"I want you to hear the version of the Harry Style's 'Falling' cover I just recorded. I want to know if you think it's good." I watch as Namjoon drops his head, laughing, his shoulders bouncing. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Jungkook, if you sang it, it's no doubt perfection. I'll come listen though." Namjoon places his bookmark inside the book and closes it, sitting it on his chair.

Walking nervously beside Namjoon, we enter the studio and I sit at the desk where Yoongi-hyung would normally sit. I hit play and the melody flows from the speakers. Namjoon stands there and listens, his face is stoic. It was hard to read him sometimes. He kept his emotions in check all the time, it was remarkable to me. I really looked up to Namjoon. If I wanted to be like any of my hyungs, it was him.

The song finishes and Namjoon places a hand on my shoulder. "Jungkook, that was incredibly beautiful. I'm constantly becoming prouder of your skill, and you get better every day. Not that you couldn't sing before, you've always been good. But lately, your maturing voice is becoming more and more beautiful." My smile spreads across my face. What a relief. I worked really hard on this cover. I couldn't wait for ARMY to hear it. "Thanks, hyung!" He just made my day.

{My POV}

Editing again, it's all I did most of my days off. I worked twelve hour shifts at the hospital down the road. I was just a medical office assistant, but I was thinking about going back to school to be a nurse. If only I had the money or time to do so.

I roll my eyes as I watch my expression fall in my video. You could easily tell I was shamed of how I acted when I met the boys. I really disliked that about myself. My feelings were always displayed on my face, they always betrayed me. Because of this, I'm a terrible at acting, lying and play pranks. Someone can easily tell when I'm faking something or lying. I sigh, I needed to finish this editing.

Uploading my video to Youtube, I watched the progress bar anxiously. Luckily, this was one of my shorter videos, it took less time to edit and upload. Usually, my reaction videos were much longer, roughly twenty minutes long. Half of the video is just me rambling about what I think the song means and me rewinding parts that shook me.

After my video posts, I decide to finally go to sleep. Today had been exhausting mentally and my brain was so groggy. I needed a restart. I shut my laptop and leap over on my bed.

The next morning, I wake up and my Youtube notifications are flooding over

The next morning, I wake up and my Youtube notifications are flooding over. So many comments on the video I posted last night. I briefly read over them. Most of the comments were happy for me, some were jealous. And a very few were disappointed in me. I just shrugged it off. I pointed at the screen and sang "You can't stop me loving myself!" It was an iconic line from 'Idol.' One of BTS' more popular songs.

My Youtube inbox lit up and I clicked on it. I was afraid of what I was going to see. I hoped someone wouldn't personally come for me, but with the internet you never knew. But when I read the username, I panicked. Full blown panic.

[RealGoldMaknae] You don't have to feel so badly, we didn't think anything of it. I didn't anyway.]

I blink rapidly. That was him. That was Jungkook, it really was Jungkook. He proved that to me when I briefly spoke with him. My hands were shaking and sweating. I didn't know if I should respond or even what I should say.

Jungkook watched my video. He watches my videos. His beautiful doe eyes watched me. My heart was beating so loudly I think it could be heard next door.

How long has Jungkook been watching my videos? How many of the other members casually hid among the normal people? Any number of username's could be a fake alias for a BTS member. This realization threw my mind into a new dimension. I almost wanted to quit Youtube. To them, I must look like an idiot.

I finally succumbed to the desire to type back to him. It was stronger than the urge to escape.

[BTSismybias: Thanks..]

I hit enter, it was all I could say. What else could I possibly say to an idol that watches my videos? Nothing, I had nothing. I stared at the message box. Wondering if he was going to say something else. I was honestly terrified that he might. But nightmares come true more often  than dreams.

[RealGoldMaknae: I kept the bunny ears. They are on my dresser.]

Alright, I'm deceased. He kept them?! They were in his room. Something I bought with my own money, touched with my own hands was in Jungkook's room. What amazing luck I've been having lately.

[BTSismybias: I'm glad, I got them specifically for you.]

Slamming my laptop shut, I needed a moment. I was almost certain I was dreaming, but the heartbeat pounding in my ears told me differently.