'Falling'

{Jungkook's POV}

The cover has been released. It's been received graciously from ARMY, they love it. But there was one person in particular that I couldn't wait to see. I wanted to see her reaction, I wanted to know how I did, from her perspective.

Why did I care so much? There were millions of viewers watching my cover this very minute, but my phone's screen stayed on the Youtube channel of 'BTSismybias.' I would check her channel every half hour. I figured it would take a bit for her to post it. I knew how these Youtubers worked because I'm one as well. I know what it means to record several videos and edit them.

When I would edit my 'Golden Closet Film' videos, it would take me endless number of minutes. Free time was something I had sparsely these days, but I loved to edit. It just took up so much time. So, I knew she might need a few hours.

But my patience finally paid off. As I checked her Youtube channel again, I see the title of the video I've been waiting for. I've never clicked a video so quickly. I was probably her first viewer, just as she was mine.

My eyes are concentrated on her face as she speaks to the camera. She looks tired, and helplessly I wondered if she was getting enough sleep.

"Welcome back to my channel guys! Today is a special day. Jungkook released a cover of one of Harry Style's songs called 'Falling.' We've been blessed today ARMY. I've not even heard a millisecond of this song and honestly I don't want to wait anymore, let's get into it."

I watch as she hits play, and the video starts. She just stares at her laptop screen, her eyes adjacent from the camera. Her mouth slowly falls open. I can't help but smile to myself as I see that she's shocked.

She isn't moving, she isn't speaking. Hell, she's hardly blinking. I've never seen her this motionless in a video. And then I see something I didn't expect. I see a single tear roll down her cheek and I feel my own heart ache at the sight. Suddenly she pauses the video. She wipes her cheek.

"I'm sorry guys, I'm not even talking. This is the most beautiful cover I've ever heard in my life. Jungkook's voice is phenomenal. There's pain and rasp I've never heard from him before. The raw emotion he's pouring into his vocals and the lyrics caught me off guard. I didn't mean to cry on camera. But I feel like my heart just broke."

I listen to her soft voice as she speaks. I can't ignore the butterflies that fill my stomach as I hear my name leave her lips. Butterflies, something I've never really had before. That must be what this feeling is. There's a fluttery light feeling deep inside me.

She sniffles, dabbing at her eyes again, then she hits play and I watch her face change. Suddenly her eyes seem miles away, like her thoughts are taking over. I know my high note is coming up, so I focus my attention on her when it does.

Her mouth falls open and she just stares at the screen. Then oddly enough, she looks right at the camera, and I feel my breath hitch in my throat. It's like she was wanting to look right at me. She only whispered one word. "Beautiful."

As the song finishes, another tear streams down her cheek. I feel bad for hurting her, that wasn't my intention. I just poured my own fears into the lyrics. I made sure I felt the words, deep in my core. And it apparently moved her.

I liked her video and then open up the messaging screen. I wanted to talk to her again. I needed to.

{My POV}

Many likes and comments emptied out on my Youtube channel. A few people wondered how I reacted to this song so quickly and I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. Even in their wildest imaginations they couldn't truly guess how I got there first.

I had been listening to the song on repeat. It was incredibly beautiful, if not painful. I worried about Jungkook as I heard it. It sounded like his heart was breaking. His singing was always so ethereal. It would always touch every corner of my soul, not leaving a spot untouched. His vocals were effortlessly beautiful. How lucky he must be to be so talented. The man was pure perfection.

Trying to reply to as many comments as I can, but so many are flooding in. I'm getting tons of new subscribers as well. I guess that's a perk of reacting to a brand-new song, I had the advantage over people who didn't know it was releasing. All the views were coming to my channel first. It made me feel special.

I noticed a red dot appear by my Youtube inbox, I click on it quickly and it's the man of the hour. I wondered what he would be saying now.

[RealGoldMaknae: Thank you for the real reaction. You felt every emotion I was trying to portray. It was worth the wait.]

[BTSismybias: Thank YOU for giving us an absolutely stunning cover. I've been listening to it on repeat. I like it even better than Harry's version, which isn't fair I know, but it's true.]

[RealGoldMaknae: Wow, I'm glad you like it that much, that means a lot.]

I just stare at his words. How could my opinion mean anything to him? Well, I guess it would. I'm ARMY and we all know that Jungkook has a soft spot for us. Hell, we're tattooed on his hand. He loves us and we love him.

I hear a knock at my bedroom door and wonder who it is. Sylus would just barge in, so it wasn't him.