20. good food & work

No measure of time is long enough, let's start with forever.

[Continued...]

Naman's P.O.V

We remained in each other's embrace for a very long time, it was so soothing.

"Are you hungry?" She asked, cutely, may I add?

"Veryyyyyyyy" I replied to which she chuckled.

"What do you wanna have?"

"Do you wanna go out?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's go." She agreed!

Then after sometime, we left the hotel and went to this placed that served some amazing Indian food. How do I know? you ask, when we used to crave Indian food while in Dubai, this was our go to place. It's been a long time since I visited there.

It was at a walking distance from the hotel, so we chose to walk.

The slow wind blowing, the comfortable silence between us & the low sound of waves coming from sea, which was just across the footpath,--all of it-- was so relaxing. It felt as if everything is falling into place now and I cannot be happier.

In no time, we were standing outside the restaurant. The door opened and we entered. I looked around and saw a familiar face, Zain bhai, the owner of the place. He also spotted me and a wide smile came over his face. He walked towards me and gave a hug.

"Asalam Alaikum Naman bhaijaan." (Hello Naman brother.) He greeted me.

"Walaikum Asalam Zain bhai. Kaise hain?" (Greetings Zain brother, how are you?) I asked him.

"Sab khairiyat hai, alhamdullilah. Bade dino baad aaye aap" (Everything is well by god's grace. You visited after such a long time!) He said.

"Ji bhai, Abhi test tha naa toh bass uske liye aaya tha." (Yes brother, Test series were going on so I was here for that only.) I answered him.

"Accha, kaisa gaya Test?" (Ohh, how did it go?)

"Jeet gaye bhai!" (We won brother.) I told with happiness.

"Mashallah."

"Ye meri wife hain, Kriti. Aur Kriti, ye Zain bhai hai, ye restaurant inka hi hai." (This is my wife, Kriti. And Kriti, this is Zain brother, he owns this restaurant.) I told her and both of them greeted each other.

"Subhanallah, aap dono baithiye aur acche se khaa ke jaaiega." (Praise be to god, both of you sit and eat well.) He said to which both of us smiled and sat on one of the tables.

Kriti's P.O.V

"What do you wanna have, love?" Naman, very casually asked me.

"You know this place well so why don't you order for us." I suggested.

"Smart." He said and I chuckled.

"Do you wanna have chicken stew, naan & mutton biryani?" He asked me and I was so tempted, oh my god. It's been so long since I had biryani.

"Oh my god, yes!!!" I said enthusiastically and Naman laughed noticing my excitement.

We ordered the same and soon enough, the food was in front of us. It smelled delicious.

We started eating in peace, everything was so great. No wonder why Naman and gang came here to have some authentic Indian food.

As soon as I took the first bite of the biryani, I literally moaned. It was so freaking good.

Naman's P.O.V

She had her first bite and actually moaned. My mouth automatically stopped chewing the food, I'd definitely be lying if I said that it wasn't a turn on.

I was about to say something but the ringing of my phone interrupted me. I checked the phone and the caller ID said the name of our coach.

"Hello" I picked up the phone.

"Hi Naman, there's something that the cricket council & I would like you to do." He said from the other side.

"What is it, sir?"

"You know during the fight on the field today, you voice was caught on the stump mic when you were cursing. So, we arranged a press conference to clear out everything. Just tell them everything that happened on the field during that time so that your image will be clear. There are a lot of assumptions & rumours going around."

"Okay sir, I'll do it. When is the conference?"

"Tomorrow, first thing in the morning."

"Okay, I'll be there."

"There's one more thing Naman." I sensed some hesitation in his voice.

"Go on."

"You also need to pay a fine of eleven lakhs for cursing on the field."

"Okay sir, I'll pay it." I said not wanting to drag this topic.

"Thank you, Naman, for understanding. See you tomorrow." He said and hung up.

I sighed and texted my manager to transfer the amount to the council.

"Is everything alright?" Her sweet voice said and I relaxed. How does she do it?

Then, I told her everything and she asked me to not think about it a lot. I agreed and we continued our dinner and went back to the hotel.

Upon reaching, both of us were extremely tired. So, we slept immediately.

Next morning, at the press conference

"Captain, do you think you could've handled this in a calmer way?" A journalist asked me.

"No, I don't think so. If anyone would say such a thing about our country, I'm sure it'll make their blood boil just like mine. And I'm also sure that every Indian would agree with me on this." I answered.

"Will any action be taken against the bowler who said all of this?" asked another one.

"The Australian cricket council will definitely take action against him." I replied.

Many questions were asked which we gave the answer to and after answering what felt like a thousand questions, the conference ended.

And then, we boarded the jet back to India.

I miss home.

Author's note:

Any tv show/movie/web series suggestions?🥺💘

You guys are the sweetest people in the entire world. I love youuuuu.❤️
प्यार से,
K.