Begin

{My POV}

Well, my nerves are on a whole new level. I don't know what I'm thinking. I'm not, not thinking at all clearly. What was I expecting from this spontaneous meeting with Jungkook? Was I going to survive? Probably not.

Barely having time to shower, I get ready quickly. My heart's rhythm hasn't slowed since he suggested we meet up. I throw on some make up and pull out some clothes to wear. I really wish Sylus was here. He would know exactly what I should wear. I tried to text him, but he didn't answer me within the hour, so I was left to fend for myself.

I yank out this tank top and jeans and flip-flops. It was kind of warm today, so I wanted to dress summery. Summer was almost here anyway. Time to head out. My sweat levels were almost as high as my anxiety. But I leave the house, regardless. 

Parking my car, I get out and lean up against my car

Parking my car, I get out and lean up against my car. Trying to look cool and nonchalant. Trying to appear like my heart was beating out of my chest. I hear a voice behind me. A voice I could pick out in a crowd of thousands of people. The voice that was sweet as dripping honey.

"Hey." I slowly turn around and see Jungkook. As if my heart could possibly beat any faster, it speeds up even quicker now. I look at his outfit and stop myself from drooling. His face was hidden beneath a mask, but I knew it was him. I knew it from his built and how he stood.

 I knew it from his built and how he stood

"H-hello." I say quietly, almost inaudible. Not having the confidence to speak up. Jungkook steps up to me and has his hands behind his back. "I have something for you." I look up at him and meet his adorably big eyes. He has the sweetest grin on his face.

"Close your eyes!" He giggles and I listen. I feel a hard, box like object being placed in my hands. I open my eyes and look down to see the album I lost. But this one was different. The signatures weren't hastily written and were in different places. I look up at him, my smile spreads across my face.

"This is for me?" Jungkook nods, he's showing off that bunny smile. I squeal and jump up and down. I have to seriously fight the urge to hug him. It's quite the struggle.

"Thank you so much! This is incredibly kind!" Jungkook scrunches his nose and smiles. He looks down at his feet and I do the same. I wasn't sure how to act at this point. It's like I knew him, it's like he was a friend, but he didn't know me. Not really.

We watched each other from afar. We learned things about each other from a screen but being in person was different. I was an introvert and from what I knew about Jungkook, so was he. He appeared outgoing while he performed, but once you stripped him of his persona, who was he really?

Standing there awkwardly, I finally speak up. "Care to walk?" I ask sheepishly. We aren't even making eye contact at this moment. Jungkook nods and we take a step. Soon we are walking side by side, but not too close. I'd keep my distance.

I stared up at the clouds as we walked. I could feel eyes upon me, I glance over at Jungkook, and he turns his head quickly, looking back down at the grass.

"Why did your boyfriend steal the album?" He asks me, I guess he didn't have much else to say. "Actually, he saw the conversation we were having. He assumed I was cheating on him and took it to sell out of spite. It's the stupidest thing."

Jungkook stopped walking. "This is because of me?" I look at him and his earlier happy expression has fallen. He eyes look pained. I lift my hand, almost wanting to touch his shoulder but let it fall back down. "It's not your fault, please don't think that. Plus you made up for it." I try to give him a big smile.

Jungkook seems to perk up a bit after I tell him that. "This album is even more priceless than the first. Because you personally gave it to me. This album means more." I hear him giggle, that adorable high-pitch giggle that makes my heart skip a beat.

"I guess so. Still, I'm sorry to have caused you trouble." I just shrug my shoulders. "Really, it's okay. I was going to break up with Kye anyway. We aren't meant to be." Jungkook looks over at me. There's an undetectable emotion in his eyes. I can't decipher what it is.

"Then I guess I just helped you along." Jungkook adds and laughs slightly. I nod my head. "You just moved the inevitable a little closer. No big deal." I joked with him, and I was surprised to find myself even able to do that. Earlier I was about to have a panic attack. But at this moment, I felt calm.

Jungkook wasn't as jumpy and jittery as he usually seems. He was rather mellow at the moment. Or maybe he was just tired. I couldn't tell.

We just walked and talked around the park. I would anxiously look around us every now and then. I was nervous for Jungkook's safety. It seemed a little crazy to me that he was just out strolling around.

Turning around at some point, we walked back to our cars. "What song do you think I should react to next?" I glance over at Jungkook, waiting for him to answer. He was thinking about it. "Listen to 'Begin'. It's the song I wrote for my hyungs." I smiled at him. "That sounds sweet, okay, I'll do that." Jungkook smiles and claps his hands together, or rather claps his fingers.

"React to a live performance too." I panic and dart my eyes away from him. I hoped he didn't see the terror that settled on my expression. I laughed awkwardly. "I'll try." Was all I could promise. "Yay!" Jungkook says and grins that bunny smile. My heart melted into a puddle.