21. Late night walks

It was a typical Friday. Paul and Elizabeth went to school, got home, Lizzie did some painting, Paul went on patrol and then Paul was coming round for tea. With Lizzie's aunt and uncle. He had already met them but only had brief conversations. This was the equivalent of 'meeting the parents' and Paul promised himself he wouldn't let Lizzie down. He would be his usual charming, gentleman like self and impress her 'parents'. He had only ever met one girls parents and it didn't go very well, her dad was staring him down all night and resulted in an angry outburst.

Lizzie opened the door, only seconds after he had knocked, to be welcomed by a Paul bearing flowers. It was sweet how much he cared.

——————

Dinner was going surprisingly well. He had finished his meal, as had Lizzie, and they were just waiting for her aunt and uncle to finish there's. His anxiety was starting to get worse as he could feel his breathing quicken but he kept a smile plastered on his face nodding and laughing when deemed necessary, contributing here and there. That was until he felt a hand being gently placed on his thigh, rubbing soothing circles on it. As quickly as it appeared, his anxiety disappeared. Whether it was the imprint or just the affect Lizzie had on people, he'd never know but what he does know is that no one has ever been able to calm him down when he was anxious. Hell, usually no one can ever even notice when he has a minor panic attack, he's gotten quite good at hiding them, they made him weak according to his dad.

———————

After dinner, Lizzie took Paul out for a walk to get some fresh air. Though she didn't say that was why, he knew, and he appreciated it. Though, they didn't go along the beach this time. It was getting late and dark so they decided to walk along the empty roads.

After a few minutes, they found themselves just messing around, having fun, dancing in the quiet streets as it started to rain lightly.

They got back to Lizzie's and changed into some dry clothes

They got back to Lizzie's and changed into some dry clothes. Paul had brought a change of clothes in his bag as he was staying that night; they were having a movie marathon.

Whilst Paul and Lizzie were upstairs showering and changing (separately😏) Darren and Sarah started discussing their nieces new guy.

Considering they weren't her parents they were still figuring out where exactly they stand but they figured inviting him for a meal to get to know him, in a comfortable/non-interrogating way would be a good start. They were cool about their relationship, they let Paul and Lizzie go out as long as she was back at 10pm, 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays unless she was staying out at a friends. They allowed Liz and Paul to be in her room, door open or closed, because they trust her. If she wanted to go to Paul's, they would happily allow it, though they were confused as to why she hadn't met Paul's parent/s yet. They were also completely fine with her staying or going around to Sam and Emily's place as they have heard nothing but good things about the couple, except for the whole gang/cult thing but they highly doubt that and believe it's just a silly high school rumour and they've met his fiancé, Emily, and she's very sweet. They also know the Black's and Clearwater's quite well.

They were being careful as to not invade her privacy but they had to make sure he was good for her, they didn't want her to end up heartbroken. As her guardians, they just wanted her to be happy after everything that's happened and everyone she's already lost. When her and her father would visit every summer, she saw how happy and free she was with him. They haven't seen her that happy since... until Paul that is. If he made her happy, he was always welcome in their house.

AN: idk about this one. I thinks its kinda cute ?